Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kai Mayer
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mb
I've played this game 4 times now, and my playgroup just found out we had been playing the game wrong! We had thought you could take multiple pretender tokens in a single round if you fulfilled different victory conditions (the actual rule states that a player may only take one pretender token a round). This lead to quite a few fun situations where a player took a pretender to force a tie, leading the player who was just tied to try and finagle a second token, etc.

My question, after having enjoyed the game quite a bit playing with the wrong rules, is as follows: why limit players to taking only one pretender token a turn? It seems like it might put too much importance on holding the Brenn token and leave fewer options for victory, but then again, I haven't actually played with it. Thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Webb
United States
Edmonds
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is no need for more than 1 pretender token. You can still meet multiple victory conditions to break ties, but you do not need to grab more pretender tokens.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Jackson
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As he said, you don't need a token for each victory condition. Having a token denotes that you are meeting at least one victory condition and can potentially win the game during the next attempt phase. During the assembly phase you check who has a token, and how many victory conditions they have each met, and see who if anyone won.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah it would just allow you to "pass" without passing or block people from taking one for no reason.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.