Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Sekela
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rulebook from the Kickstarter website mentions side quests. I assume this idea was dropped at some point since it isn't in the game. I am really curious about this since it sounds interesting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Garrett
United States
Victoria
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh phew! It's the rulebook from the Kickstarter website - for a moment I thought you meant in the final printed version!

Side Quests were basically another name for the Events that weren't things like Ambushing and Monster Nests. The idea was that you could hang on to the Encounter card (like the Injured Adventurer Event) for as long as you were in the Forest, so if you found a potion later on you could give it to them and collect a reward as opposed to just skipping it.

But, in practice, all it did was confuse people and made it more difficult to tally up Loot and Encounter cards, so we just made Side Quests into plain Events to reduce confusion.

We are however working on the Story Mode pdf that will have stuff like campaign stories and extra ways to play.

Nice job catching that difference!

-Josh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Sekela
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the info Josh. I am anxiously awaiting story mode.

I played for the first time with my gaming group a few days ago. One is also a KS backer. They both really liked the game as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.