5 Posts

Warhammer: Age of Sigmar» Forums » General

Subject: Storm of Sigmar - Points Values? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ric Baines
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
After a decades-long boycott of Games Workshop (long story) I'm looking at picking this up ostensibly to introduce my 12-year-old nephew to Warhammer (there's a club at his school).

With the advent of points being introduced in the General's Handbook, I was wondering how balanced the forces in this box are. Can anyone let me know, please?

I'll probably pick up the General's Handbook myself before too long. I have a modest Orc and Goblin army in storage somewhere.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dorian Mogos
Serbia
Beograd
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Storm of Sigmar set is really not the way to go if you are concerned with points and balance.

The way points work in AoS is that you purchase blocks of 1, 3, 5, or 10 models within a unit (unit dependant), one command set and any options for the unit must be noted and are free. This makes army building pretty easy and elegant, but with some armies it requires some angling to get to use all of your points available.

If for instance you had 3 Stormcast Liberators and want to take them as a unit, you may do so, but you still pay for a block of five.

With that in mind, in this box you get all units under strength.
Stormcast - 220pts:
3 Liberators (unit at 60% strength)
2 Retributors (unit at 40% strength)
Bloodbound - 160pts:
3 Blood Warriors (unit at 60% strength)
5 Bloodreavers (unit at 50% strength)

I would suggest getting the General's Handbook first, it is an excelent resource, asking your nephew which army he likes best, and then getting him the Start Collecting set for the army of his choice. These are great value and very well composed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James

Brooklyn Park
Minnesota
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am a big fan of the 2 player start set for $135... gives you a ton of models and a great feel for the game...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Point values and balance are gone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wayne Hall
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Geosphere wrote:
Point values and balance are gone.

Not if you use the new system from the General's Handbook.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.