Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Martin
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

after reading the rules and especially all cards I have some tiny questions^^

1. Some tribal cards double the victory points of other tribal cards (the cards next to them).
What if I have 2 cards which do affect the same card.
For example a tribal card with a value of 3 victory points is affected, do I get 9 or 12 points? I would assume 9^^

2. There is a tribal card which lets me get 1 water or 1 victory point for each raid/robbery which already took place.
If already 2 robberies took place, may I mix it and get 1 water and 1 victory point?

3. If my calculation is correct, there is a maximum of 20 dune cards which can be discarded in a match (out of 20).

Turn 1 = 3
Turn 2 = 1 (1 card is refilled)
Turn 3 = 1 (1 card is refilled)

Turn 4 = 3 (after the robbery 3 cards are refilled)
Turn 5 = 1 (1 card is refilled)
Turn 6 = 1 (1 card is refilled)

... The scheme for turn 4 - 6 is two times repeated.

But there is a targia tribal card which lets me receive a dune card from the dune stack, if this happens in the last turn there would be no stack (worst case).
Would the discard pile be shuffled and a new stack formed?

4. This is a silly question but nevertheless I want to ask it^^
There is a targia tribal card which grants me additional victory points for tribal cards without advantages/effects.
There exists also the dune card which can be placed in the display and has no other features/effects/advantages.
The targia tribal card wouldn't take the dune card into account, correct?
It has no advantages but it isn't a tribal card at all although it is placed in the display.

5. There is a tribal card which lets me get a ware if I have less then 4 wares at the beginning of a turn.
At the end of turn 3 in phase 5 the starting player changes and facedown cards are turned face up.
Then at the beginning of the next turn the robber is moved in phase 1 and the raid happens.
Do the robbery takes place before or after the effect of the tribal card???
It would be cool to give him some wares and then get 1 back.

6. There is a dune card which lets me exchange a tribal card from my hand with another one from my display. What if I put a card with brackets in my display, may I pay the additional cost as it is handled in this situation: https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1665343/2-questions-specifi... (2B)

7. One dune card lets me use the action on the card where the robber is placed and the opposite card. Is there a specific order? I would rather use the salt action before the merchant...

8. Sorry for this many questions, I just want to be over-prepared for my first match with the expansion^^

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Steiger
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Martin

thanks for your questions, here are the answers:

1) 9 cause You resolve each card seperatly
2) you can mix the water and the VP
3) yes in that rare case You shuffle the dune cards
4) there are no silly questions Cause the dune card is not a tribe card it is not taken into consideration for receiving goods or in a other case VP
5) a raid is not considert a round (more like an intermezzo) so the effect of the card happens at the beginning of the next real round
6) You can pay the wares in addition like normal to receive the points that moment
7) in any order you like
8) no problem.It is a good thing to be prepared in advance.
9) damn I should have meet You earlier in life, You would have been a great
testplayer, asking the right questions to the gameplay
10) don' t hesitate to ask if more questions arise. I am working on a FAQ file and will add all questions as well there
11) have fun playing with the expansion
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Regarding 9: I always carefully read the rulebook and all cards in advance. I also read the FAQ and watched if already some threads exist.
The reason is that I always try to play a game as intended by the designer.
Some questions I asked will just happen in rare circumstances but I always try to FULLY understand a game. Therefore it can happen that I ask some (a lot) of questions, although there were some obvious ones^^
I am never sure if people tend to be annoyed or not ;D
The expansion already received very good ratings, if you ever create a new expansion and need a playtester let me know ;P

PS. In the rulebook is a part of your vita.
There is written you live next to Stuttgart.
I lived in Esslingen back in 2012 (during my internship for my engineering studies).
I can absolutely recommend the christmas market in Esslingen, it was the best one I ever visited.
You probably already visited it but in the case you didn't do it I just wanted to let you know

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Steiger
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
For my next game I will contact You

I live in Kircheim Teck and love the Esslinger Weihnachtmarkt as well
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.