Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike McCarthy
United States
Chandler
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tried playing this once with cardboard and it was a disaster. Due to the high ranking, I should try the Steam version. Do you need two players similar to the board game or is does the software have AI? Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Kyo
Japan
Suita
Osaka
flag msg tools
Forward 1, Forward 2, Forward 3... siege attack 5?
badge
Why for this life there's no man smart enough, life's too short for learning every trick and bluff.
mbmbmbmbmb
It has basic AI that can provide a challenge for someone learning the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Merchant
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
edparkmike1 wrote:
Tried playing this once with cardboard and it was a disaster. Due to the high ranking, I should try the Steam version. Do you need two players similar to the board game or is does the software have AI? Thanks.

I'm not a natural TS player and I adore the Steam version. Highly recommended. Post here if you buy it and have any issues. I have found the AI to be pretty fiercely competent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stormy Waters
United States
Reminderville
Ohio
flag msg tools
mb
edparkmike1 wrote:

Mind sharing why? Some cards surprised us, but we generally had fun and worked it out.

Definitely reminds me of Through the Ages where knowing players will wait for certain cards and gives them a decent advantage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Nguyen
United States
Chantilly
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
6 out of 7 dwarfs are not Happy
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome I've been waiting for this

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Clevidence
United States
Woodburn
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Strmtrper6 wrote:
edparkmike1 wrote:

Mind sharing why? Some cards surprised us, but we generally had fun and worked it out.

Definitely reminds me of Through the Ages where knowing players will wait for certain cards and gives them a decent advantage.

Can't speak for Mike, of course, but for me it was simply my inability to keep the game-round tracker updated. The two people I tried it with weren't enthralled with the game anyway, but constantly losing track of when the turn was supposed to end, working backwards by counting cards...it just never went well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Piquette
United States
Medford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Hello!
badge
I had to spend this geek gold on something
mbmbmbmbmb
Benkyo wrote:
It has basic AI that can provide a challenge for someone learning the game.

Yeah the AI was good for learning. But now I've gotten to a point where I'm frustrated at how badly the AI is playing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hype Buster
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

You guys been talking about the AI, is the reason for that is because there is a lack of players on steam?

This is one of my favorite game but i dont play it often because our group consist of more than 2 most of the time.

I don't really want to play vs AI especially if they are not strong.

Is it easy to find a game to play against human being?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Kyo
Japan
Suita
Osaka
flag msg tools
Forward 1, Forward 2, Forward 3... siege attack 5?
badge
Why for this life there's no man smart enough, life's too short for learning every trick and bluff.
mbmbmbmbmb
generalpotato wrote:
Hi,

You guys been talking about the AI, is the reason for that is because there is a lack of players on steam?

This is one of my favorite game but i dont play it often because our group consist of more than 2 most of the time.

I don't really want to play vs AI especially if they are not strong.

Is it easy to find a game to play against human being?

I only mentioned the AI because edparkmike1 asked about it. The AI is essentially no more than a learning aid, but quite good for that purpose. It is not a competent opponent. Fortunately there are a lot of players and it is easy to find an opponent, so the weak AI isn't really a problem.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.