Popular Tags: mrjr_rsp [+] [View All]
Brian Bankler
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
"Keep Summer Safe!"
mbmbmbmbmb
1) What is the length of Absorb Essence? When does it resolve (first round of combat. Non hidden, had to lure the monster away with someone else).

2) If I absorb a monster, I get the new monster's values (4.6.9d). I assume that includes Vulnerability? So if I absorb the Tremendous Octopus, I can then deal with the 12 goblins relatively easily (except that I cannot fatigue to continue combat, but I can lure them all, if I want, and let the other characters fatigue to extend it).

3) 4.6.9e says you can't be wounded when transmorphized, but I assume you can still be killed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Quantum Jack
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1) absorb essence is a permanent spell. if you mean length as in weapon length, spells dont hit like weapons (except attack spells). Spells come alive in the melee step, before attacks are resolved.

2) yes you get its vulnerability. The octopus can handle the 6 axe goblins, but the spear goblins (H+ attack) will kill it. Great sword goblins would kill it on either side.

3) yes, you can be killed. but your chits are out of play while you are transmorphized. so they cannot fatigue or wound. you behave just like a monster, no effect until you get hit with your vulnerability or higher damage

try absorbing the T Flying Dragon (tremendous, plus armor that the octopus lacks) with his T3 head, you can kill lots of things without risk.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Bankler
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
"Keep Summer Safe!"
mbmbmbmbmb
Quantum_Jack wrote:
1) absorb essence is a permanent spell. if you mean length as in weapon length, spells dont hit like weapons (except attack spells). Spells come alive in the melee step, before attacks are resolved.

Ah, missed that.

Quote:

2) yes you get its vulnerability. The octopus can handle the 6 axe goblins, but the spear goblins (H+ attack) will kill it. Great sword goblins would kill it on either side.

I cheated then, as I forgot the spear goblin's sharpness. But I ate it before I could high tail out of dodge next turn as two tremendous trolls got me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carel Teijgeler
Netherlands
Vlaardingen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quantum_Jack wrote:
1) absorb essence is a permanent spell.

BEWARE: With the Dissolve Spell permanent spells can be broken.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Cote
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Which brings to mind a very fun session report (spoilers, if you are trying to figure out possible interesting combos for yourself):

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1537245/witch-king-dragon-a...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Laudermilk
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I read that report or another similar one. I kept that in mind at last Orcon with the MR game played there. I was the Witch and (sadly) only managed to snag the Large dragon. Everyone thought I was insane wandering off on my own in the caves...until I sprung my spell on it. devil I then romped around trying to pick fights with anything I could get my claws on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hector Flores
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
anijunk wrote:
Quantum_Jack wrote:

I believe Remedy and Exorcise can break permanent spells too. Is there other ways?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Richardson
United States
Lindsborg
Kansas
flag msg tools
mb
Hector Flores wrote:
I believe Remedy and Exorcise can break permanent spells too. Is there other ways?

* Use the Amulet treasure.

* Kill the spellcaster. devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Schacher

California
msg tools
mbmbmb
galvornman wrote:
anijunk wrote:
Quantum_Jack wrote:

The Amulet can break a spell.

Steve
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.