Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ben D
United States
Vidalia
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Interestingly, it says "Part I" on the banner. And in the corner it reads "More to Come."

1814 items listed on the sale.

Most are MTG and other Singles.

When you filter by section, there are 14 "boardgames".

HOWEVER, I'm pretty sure that "Part I" and "More to come" IMPLY they KNOW that the actual number of board games -- 14 -- is not going to impress the frothing, feverish masses of BGG members. I have faith that it'll be okay in the end. HAHAHA!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Marowske
United States
Macomb
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Link to Board Games

Only 14 games so far. Notable items include:

The Others $49.99

Star Wars: Armada $49.99

Clockwork Wars $44.99

Pandemic Legacy: Season 1 $34.99

Royals $24.99

Eminent Domain $16.99

Subdivision $12.99
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve B
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems extremely lack luster for board games. Maybe they sell enough throughout the year that they can do a weak black Friday sale and it doesn't matter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro Tuazon
msg tools
If they are gonna do these in batches, its gonna be extremely difficult to get to the free shipping level to the point that I am deterred from getting stuff.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
$50 for The Others is pretty fantastic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also see Android: Netrunner core set for $19.99.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hank Worrell
United States
Purcellville
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
shock_at wrote:
If they are gonna do these in batches, its gonna be extremely difficult to get to the free shipping level to the point that I am deterred from getting stuff.

That was my reaction as well. This is really irritating, I am nearly certain if i put in a $100 order tonight some of the games will go on a better sale over the next few days. Ugh. Bad move CSI, bad move.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This wave format is a little goofy too because most companies don't have that great of margins on shipping.

I'm in the same boat as comments above. Feels specifically oriented to make getting shipping free more difficult. Trouble is it may get many to pass on deals entirely rather than bulk up bigger orders.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Yavorski
United States
Kannapolis
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm gonna keep my hopes up that more (and better) stuff will go on sale throughout the day. Anything I'll order I'll do hold for pickup on, and if I get to the free shipping threshold, I'll email them and tell them to put it all together in one shipment. They do that anyway.

Edit: but it does seem like they're being difficult for the sake of being difficult. =/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben D
United States
Vidalia
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
shock_at wrote:

I'm willing to guess that by doing it in waves, again, that somebody somewhere said, "Hey guys, we might want to bunch these things mostly by type, otherwise we'll have a crazy backlash from the Boardgames community."

I'd even guess - there is no way to ever find out -- that by having mostly CCG's, and minis in "Part I", it may actually allow them to gauge what they can afford to run for the far less profitable board game sales.

But this is all just speculation.

I agree wholeheartedly that getting to free shipping will be difficult, but only if the total number of board games to choose from for each "Part"/batch is only 14.

We'll see. As we used to say in the 80's: "Cautiously optimistic." And "Trust but Verify"!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Label it as pick up local and then see about combining later. Sticking a preorder on there would work as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CSI is very good about combining orders and refunding shipping.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenny Inquirer

Virginia Gardens
Florida
msg tools
mbmb
This sale is what i have grown to expect from CSI. They split their sale over many days with only a few great deals each day. Last year especially, there were many people complaining during the first few days that the sale was lackluster. By the last day, many were in agreement some of the best deals came out of CSI, especially the lightning deals which i hope return on Cyber Monday. However, these sales are challenging as they require combining orders and calling customer service, etc.. Keep hope alive guys.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hi
United States
flag msg tools
new user
Any idea when the next batch/batches will release? I'm hoping to catch a few games on sale this season and these look most promising so far.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Cao

Amherst
New York
msg tools
I really wish they kept the items from the preblack friday sale. Missed it thanks to Thanskgiving but had a lot of items interested in that sale. And now theres nothing of interest in this one. But combined, I'd definitely have a purchase right now. A shame.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro Tuazon
msg tools
matthean wrote:
Label it as pick up local and then see about combining later. Sticking a preorder on there would work as well.

Can this be done through email? Im not from the US so calling is out of my capabilities

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Ed
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
shock_at wrote:
matthean wrote:

Can this be done through email? Im not from the US so calling is out of my capabilities

Yes. I'm in the US and emailing CSI is still my preferred way to modify orders. You can just reply to the order confirmation email. That's what I usually do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Wong
msg tools
mbmb
Not very familiar with CSI's policies on combining orders. From my understanding, combining items from different daily deals are not allowed to get free shipping. Does it mean that if say I order from Black Friday Part 1 but does not get to the free shipping limit, if I want to order other on sale items from Black Friday Part 2, I won't be able to combine the 2 orders and get free shipping?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
shock_at wrote:
CSI doesn't "advertise" or promote their customer hold option, but they've actually offered holds for a while now. When making an order that is less than $100 chose store pick up instead of shipping. Then email or call customer service and tell them you want the order held for shipping while you make additional purchases. Repeat this process as much as you like and CSI will add all your subsequent purchases to your initial order.

EDIT: To answer Jonathan... Daily sale items are strictly the few items that appear under the Daily Sale link. You can add an item from any multi-day sale (such as the current BF sale) to an order which already contains one or more items from a multi-day sale by combining separate orders. There is no restriction on multi-day sales.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Wong
msg tools
mbmb
Thanks Mark. This clears things up for me!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-=::) Dante (::=-
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kid_U wrote:
shock_at wrote:

That was my reaction as well. This is really irritating, I am nearly certain if i put in a $100 order tonight some of the games will go on a better sale over the next few days. Ugh. Bad move CSI, bad move.

They've rolled out their BF week deals in stages for years now, and as others have noted you can easily put even just a single game on hold by marking it for local pick up. They automatically refund tax and will combine as many orders as you want. (but only one daily deal per $100 order, regular sale items there is no limitation on)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Magliocca
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is irritating as I wanted Above and Below, but it is not rolled into this three day drip. Will today's deals be gone tomorrow?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jon714 wrote:
Not very familiar with CSI's policies on combining orders. From my understanding, combining items from different daily deals are not allowed to get free shipping. Does it mean that if say I order from Black Friday Part 1 but does not get to the free shipping limit, if I want to order other on sale items from Black Friday Part 2, I won't be able to combine the 2 orders and get free shipping?

These aren't daily deals. Those are put into a specific section on their website. If this is done like last time, the previous day's sales stick around, but if you keep waiting to see if you can ultimately find a free shipping deal, you might miss out on waiting too long. Again, you can combine the pre Black Friday and actual Black Friday deals. Flag them for local pickup, or add a preorder, and then ask to combine.

When in doubt, call or email them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Is it worth getting into Armada? It's a great deal...

I'm just getting into X-Wing. My only concern with Armada is the long planning ahead. It seems like a lot of guesswork with planning the 3 moves ahead more than strategy... I've been reading reviews and watching videos but can't seem to make up my mind. Someone do it for me!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Sautman
United States
Evans
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I know the list was small, but those prices for Clockwork Wars and The Others: 7 Sins were too good to pass up and I did not need much more to hit $100.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.