Bios: Genesis» Forums » General

Subject: Rules sticker patches rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jakub Ukrop
Slovakia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, I decided to update my printed rulebook with stickers to add (some of) the changes from the Living Rules.

It generally looks like this (sorry for low-quality photo):

Is anybody interested? (I guess some will consider this 'component mutilation' and/or waste of time. whistle)

This set is not meant to amend all the changes since some are minor and others just can't fit into the printed rulebook (e.g. glossary updates).

I originally planned to use the living rules as the only rules source ... but the printed rulebook is so supreme in design, formatting, and iconography, that I eventually decided on this hybrid solution.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Huber-Wehner
Germany
Brühl
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks great! But I would wait a little bit longer before putting stickers into the rulebook.
As usual for Phil Eklund games it takes some time before the dust settles and the rules are somewhat stable...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian K
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am interested. It will be like a legacy game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthijs Schaap
Netherlands
Delft
ZH
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm interested too... I find it a very elegant solution.

BUT...

I also agree with Thomas and will wait for a little bit before changing my rulebook.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jakub Ukrop
Slovakia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks.
One thing I'd welcome some input on is the Theia Big Whack event card.

As Phil said:
'phileklund' wrote:
The original card file #41 had both an icon and a short explanation, but the explanation got edited out. Sorry about this lapse. To the Living Rules in D1, added a new bullet explaining this icon.

• The Big Whack. This aftershock has the special “Comet Shield” icon, which indicates that all Cosmic Refugia and Lifeforms are immune to the Big Whack events (since extraterrestrial things don’t care about a giant impact forming the Earth’s moon).

What we don't know is the exact text of the "short explanation", I came up with this:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jakub Ukrop
Slovakia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As for 'waiting a bit', you are right of course.

On the other hand, after following this game for a few months, I feel that the rule updates are getting less frequent now
... only to have a fairly critical rule about assigning catalysts to an inactive Refugium updated on the day I printed my sticker set
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C&H Schmidt
Germany
Heidelberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool idea!
How did you make the stickers? I mean, did you just manually crop all the parts that had been changed, format them on A4 pages and print them on sticker paper at home? Or did you have them printed?

Maybe in a month or so somebody could compile the necessary bits into a file and put in on BGG for others to print?
Your current file would already be useful, Jakub, but of course even more useful with more rules changes that happen now!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jakub Ukrop
Slovakia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I formatted the changes that would fit into the printed rulebook (also deciding to skip Example of play, for now), and have them printed in a print shop on 1 A4 (unperforated) sticker paper (the current set takes only half a page though). Then cut it myself.

I usually replace whole 2-3 line paragraph (as seen in the 1st post), since single line or single word stickers would be too fiddly to cut and handle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.