Kingdom Death: Monster» Forums » General

Subject: Buy Expansions via shop or wait for stretchgoals? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Falchonon Windbö
msg tools
mbmb
Hi everyone,

I already backed the fantastic new KD:M Kickstarter for the Coregame 1.5 but I'm thinking about buying the Gorm from the KD:M Onlineshop. Is this a good Idea or would you wait to see wether the old expansions will be added to the kickstarter via stretchgoals (one of the gamblers chest windows for example)?

Shall I buy or not?

Thanks so much in advance,

Falchonon
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
IA Seldon
msg tools
mb
If you can get the Gorm I would, as I don't think any of the stretch goals are going to be anything related to the old expacs but an announced reprinting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Exelor
msg tools
mbmb
I doubt expansions will be added in the chest as they are too expensive to produce for the price of the chest. Also, everyone already owning the expansion would be very disappointed if it ended up being a large part of the chest. I think it is safe to buy it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guilly Berto
United States
flag msg tools
I would be surprised if they don't allow you to do them as add-ons for the KS. Clearly they are all being reprinted since a few of the bundles include all of them. At a minimum they will be back in the store at some point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Falchonon Windbö
msg tools
mbmb
Gorm!
Hey,

thanks for the quick responses. Great! So I will just buy them. Really excited for this game and the kickstarter campaign!

Thanks a lot,

Falchonon

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessio Massuoli
Italy
Terni
TR
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a pledge level for old expansions.
Currently, get that pledge level or buy from store.

If you want to ask that, just ask Poots by KS FAQs if those will be added as an option later. It's interesting enough to get answered.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wouter Dhondt
Belgium
Anzegem
flag msg tools
My armor is contempt. My shield is disgust. My sword is hatred. In the Emperor's name, let none survive.
badge
Song of my soul, my voice is dead; Die thou, unsung, as tears unshed. Shall dry and die in Lost Carcosa.
mbmbmbmbmb
How about the cards included? Will the old expansions be compatible with the 1.5 core?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Exelor
msg tools
mbmb
Kwakkie wrote:
How about the cards included? Will the old expansions be compatible with the 1.5 core?

Again, I imagine a lot of angry customers if their expansions are not compatible. I am quite sure you will be able to use the old expansions since they sell them as part of some stretch goals.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thorsten Schröder
Germany
Bonn
flag msg tools
Loser at the 'Pursuit of Happiness Contest'
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in for just the basegame. If I like it (I'll find out next summer - but I don't doubt it) there'll be a Black Friday next year.

But I'm prepared to add 1 or 2 KS-Expansions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kaiwen Zhang
Germany
Munich
Bavaria
flag msg tools
Welcome to Zombo.com!
badge
Art of life
mbmbmbmbmb
The old expansions will probably be available as KS add-ons, but there are two issues:

1) What price will the expansion add-ons be?

2) What is their shipping cost?

If the price is on par with the Black friday price in the shops (~50% off), AND, the shipping is cheaper than the shop, then it is better to have them as add-ons in the KS. Otherwise, it is just better to buy from the shop.

Therefore, it seems like it's just a safer bet to buy from the shop right now using black friday prices
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Charabaruk
msg tools
I pledged the core box (Black Friday Lantern) and just got the Gorm from the shop. I figure if I want anything else after I've played it a few times I can order it during next year's black friday sale.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greasy Reese
Canada
flag msg tools
Better safe than sorry... just pledge for Satan's Lantern! devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Andersson
Sweden
Rimbo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have not played the game and have pledge for a Black Friday Gold Lantern on the Kickstarter.

Currently in the EU warehouse these expansions are availible:

Sunstalker Expansion
Spidicules Expansion
Slenderman Expansion
Lonely Tree Expansion
Lion God Expansion
Gorm Expansion

50% off is a pretty good deal and I guess it will be over tomorrow. Would you recommend that I get any of these expansions now? I heard Gorm is popular. Or would you wait and see what the new expansions are?

Even if it will be able to add current expansions in the KS I guess these prices still are pretty good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Falchonon Windbö
msg tools
mbmb
Hey,

Just wanted to tell you I bought Gorm, Sunstalker and Dung Beetle Knight. Because they are so "cheap". Dammit, I think the KD:M disease hit me hard...

Falchonon
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Andersson
Sweden
Rimbo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Falchonon wrote:
Hey,

Just wanted to tell you I bought Gorm, Sunstalker and Dung Beetle Knight. Because they are so "cheap". Dammit, I think the KD:M disease hit me hard...

Falchonon

I ordered exactly those three expansions a few hours ago Yeah 50% off was hard to resist.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobias von Linstow
Denmark
flag msg tools
eatem wrote:
Falchonon wrote:
Hey,

Falchonon

I ordered exactly those three expansions a few hours ago Yeah 50% off was hard to resist.

Haha. Great minds think alike. I did the very same thing. Fingers crossed for some of the OOP expansions appearing as additional buys in the Kickstarter, such as the Dragon King.

EDIT: Looks like I'll be raising my pledge by $75. Dragon King reprint confirmed!

Perhaps I should start making more predictions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J-P Latvala
Finland
Espoo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
2501 wrote:
eatem wrote:
Falchonon wrote:
Hey,

Falchonon

Haha. Great minds think alike. I did the very same thing. Fingers crossed for some of the OOP expansions appearing as additional buys in the Kickstarter, such as the Dragon King.

EDIT: Looks like I'll be raising my pledge by $75. Dragon King reprint confirmed!

Perhaps I should start making more predictions.

Maybe you should predict Lion Knight also.
Btw, I also ordered those three expansions. Ok, not exactly as I also picked Flower Knight and Lion God. Some of those with full price as I couldn't resist myself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emmit Svenson
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mb
If you buy expansions from the shop, you will get them in a matter of days or weeks--before the Kickstarter ends, not to mention long before the first wave of fulfillment, including your core game, ships.

Which means you won't be able to play the expansions, but you will get to try your hand at modeling before you are confronted with the massive stack of hard plastic headed your way. First assemble some easy pieces, such as the regeneration suit if you get the Gorm expansion, then perhaps do an armor kit model or two before tackling any monsters. When your core game does arrive, you'll have the skills and knowledge to start right in on the survivors and white lion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.