Subject: Keep them Safe objective question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Zed Lovecraft
Germany
Duesseldorf
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I´ve a question on mission "Battlegrounds of Souls".

Objective 2A "Keep them safe" reads:

Remove #Heroes FIRE or CORRUPTION tokens in Monster-Free spaces.

Can this be any mix of fire and corruption tokens or do the heroes need to commit on one of the choices an collect either #Heroes of Fire or #Heroes Corruption?

thanks for any advice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christoph Weber
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmb
Ashes001 wrote:

Can this be any mix of fire and corruption tokens or do the heroes need to commit on one of the choices an collect either #Heroes of Fire or #Heroes Corruption?

thanks for any advice.

I'd say yes, it can be any mix of tokens, otherwise the rules would have said "Remove either Fire or Corruption tokens in Monster-free spaces.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Govostis
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
webs1 wrote:
Ashes001 wrote:

thanks for any advice.

I'd say yes, it can be any mix of tokens, otherwise the rules would have said "Remove either Fire or Corruption tokens in Monster-free spaces.

Hehe I get what you are trying to say, but to me, I'd read those statements as equal. More likely they'ed have written "remove #heroes fire or #heroes corruption tokens..." if they meant they all had to be the same type.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christoph Weber
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thra11 wrote:
webs1 wrote:
Ashes001 wrote:

thanks for any advice.

Hehe I get what you are trying to say, but to me, I'd read those statements as equal. More likely they'ed have written "remove #heroes fire or #heroes corruption tokens..." if they meant they all had to be the same type.

Then we'll need an official clarification, I guess.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joao Rodrigues
Brazil
Guarulhos
Sao Paulo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
webs1 wrote:

Well... not exactly if you take this thread in consideration. Both Cristoph and Zed (and now, me) are telling you that we believe this means any mix of the 2 tokens. It can be 3 fire and 1 corruption, or vice versa, or 2 and 2 and so on.

Ted and Cristoph tried to give you an example of how the sentence should be written if the mission was intended to have only one type of token removed.

I've played as if it was any mix of these 2 tokens... I believe this is what the mission is saying.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christoph Weber
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmb
Johnnymaxx wrote:
webs1 wrote:

Well... not exactly if you take this thread in consideration. Both Cristoph and Zed (and now, me) are telling you that we believe this means any mix of the 2 tokens. It can be 3 fire and 1 corruption, or vice versa, or 2 and 2 and so on.

Zed and Cristoph tried to give you an example of how the sentence should be written if the mission was intended to have only one type of token removed.

I've played as if it was any mix of these 2 tokens... I believe this is what the mission is saying.

Hm, I am Christoph. And I suspect Zed and myself misunderstood one another.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joao Rodrigues
Brazil
Guarulhos
Sao Paulo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Geez, now I'm the one who got you confused!!!

I'm really sorry. Let me try to get this straight...

1)ZED is the OP, he is wondering if the mission asks for any mix of the two tokens or if it has to be only one type of Token

2)Christoph then said he believes it is any mix of the two tokens and gave a different wording that he believes would be the one used if it was supposed to be only one type.

3)Then TED said that he reads Christoph's wording just the same as the original wording on the mission, and gave a different take on how he believe the wording would be if it was supposed to be only one type of token. (so, he also believes it is any mix of the two).

And then I got you all confused when Christoph answered and I thought that Christoph was actually the OP and I wanted to comment about what he and TED said but I've wrote ZED instead....

I'm sorry you all. Main point is: I do believe it is any mix of the two tokens.

I should stop talking now before making things worse.... hahaahaha

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christoph Weber
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmb
Yep, there was some confusion here..

But the important thing is we all agree that a mix of tokens should be alright.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zed Lovecraft
Germany
Duesseldorf
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds good, it´s hard to win for the heroes anyway

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.