Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chengkai Yang
United States
Cupertino
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
Anyone care to speculate? I think we might be getting that nightmare ram and ring tailed fox at long last. I'm also guessing mountain man and storm knight. If someone has better bgg skills and want's to put up a poll before tomorrows reveal that would be great.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Perry
United States
Coral Springs
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmb
Frogdog for sure!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam D
msg tools
mb
What about the creepy monster at 5:10 on the kick starter video? That has to be an expansion monster.

I'm also hoping for the king to return

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hugh Jorgan
msg tools
Gryphon!

I'm sure he'd make expansions, using the miniatures already designed, which I have NO problem with.

Here are some of the pinup miniatures I'd like to see as expansions:

- Gryphon (Do I really have to justify this one)
- Forge God (See above)
- Wet Nurse (Unlikely, but what an expansion this could be)
- Chosen (Always loved this miniature, an arrogant angel)
- King (Obviously)

I'm also hoping for the custom campaign book and a hardcover of the rulebook.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krzysztof RabidBlackDog
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm betting on the knights: golden smoke is already there, but storm, black, white

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Buller
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmb
At about 1,54 min into the video there is an illustration of something which rips the head right of a survivors body, it looks like some kind of wraith of banshee. That could be an easter egg of some sort along with the obvious one in the end of the video. Other than that im guessing on all the ones which are already out there and just need rules, and hopefully lantern will arive soon as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A J
msg tools
valle1 wrote:
At about 1,54 min into the video there is an illustration of something which rips the head right of a survivors body, it looks like some kind of wraith of banshee. That could be an easter egg of some sort along with the obvious one in the end of the video. Other than that im guessing on all the ones which are already out there and just need rules, and hopefully lantern will arive soon as well.

Slight spoiler but that's an illustration in the current rule book for an event. However there's no reason it couldn't be a hint to something else.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S W
msg tools
What's the model in the last few seconds of the KS video?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olli T
Finland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Did anyone spot the mention of King between the lines of update #2?

Quite exciting, I must say.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sven Wasberg
msg tools
I guess the king will be the highlight of the gamblers chest. It would make a good final boss. I hope so much that they also include the scribe in the gamblers chest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sam newman

doncaster
south yorkshire
msg tools
mbmb
Slaaneth wrote:
What about the creepy monster at 5:10 on the kick starter video? That has to be an expansion monster.

I'm also hoping for the king to return

you mean the death chicken? yea looks cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zen Man
United States
Long Beach
California
flag msg tools
mb
Praying for the white knight with the humongous flail as always. *pray*

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lyle Chipperson
msg tools
mbmb
Is it possible for expansions to be included on the gamblers chest ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sven Wasberg
msg tools
Why shouldn´t it be possible? You pay 100 Dollar for the gamblers chest (If you have an early bird). That should be more than enough to pay for one, two or even more nice surprises.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ArtSchool
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Elizablumi wrote:
Why shouldn´t it be possible? You pay 100 Dollar for the gamblers chest (If you have an early bird). That should be more than enough to pay for one, two or even more nice surprises.

Well actually I would bet that expansions be mostly located in the $600 gap between the "regular" pledge levels and the "I want every new thing" ones. There has to be real good content there to be worth the difference.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sven Wasberg
msg tools
Shu1984 wrote:
Elizablumi wrote:

Well actually I would bet that expansions be mostly located in the $600 gap between the "regular" pledge levels and the "I want every new thing" ones. There has to be real good content there to be worth the difference.

Just take a look at the additional stuff for all the guys that backed at the survivor level during the last campaign.
I don´t say expect the same, but I guess there will be at least 1 or 2 expansions and / or one armorkit in the gamblers chest.
Probably on the numbers 1 and 100.
I also guess the numbers 97, 98 and 99 contain something bigger.
Let´s stay patient and see what happens.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Highlord Tamburlaine
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nobody mentioned the witches yet?

I thought she seemed an interesting choice to make an expansion out of.

Why go to the trouble of making plastic versions of all the disciples as well?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TJ
United States
Burbank
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In his May 2016 update, Adam said the following KDM expansions were in development:

Nightmare Ram Expansion
Ringtail Fox Expansion
Black Knight Expansion
Gryphon Expansion
Frogdog Expansion
Storm Knight Expansion (how a survivor can become a hero)
Custom Campaign Book (for mixing our current expansions, supported with new story events)
Rust Ocean (area where Architects are from)

https://kingdomdeath.tumblr.com/post/143757757535/kdu15-the-...

Adam also said in a Gen Con 2016 interview that the Nightmare Ram is the furthest along and just needed art assets made, so I suspect that will be an expansion introduced in this Kickstarter. In this same interview, but off camera, Adam also said that Nightmare Ram may be part of a mega expansion that contains the Frogdog, Gryphon, and Pariah. The video interview also gives more details on The First Hero expansion (called "Invaders" in the video)

https://techraptor.net/content/gen-con-kingdom-death-monster...

There's also the assets from the cancelled Lantern Festival: The Scribe, The King, and Great Game Hunters. Adam said in the current Kickstarter's comments he will neither confirm nor deny if they are going to be in an expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dmitry aka ventzlav
Ukraine
Kiev
flag msg tools
mbmb
Nightmare Ram expansion is to be revealed. The pic with mini being blackened is in the new update.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Reed
United States
LINCOLNTON
NC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ringtail Fox Survivors:

A new expansion under development, that explores people living in underground tunnels below a dangerous swamp ruled by a great fox-like entity. Securing and expanding the underwater tunnels so you can increase your population capacity is one of the ideas going into this one.

Black Knight(Maybe Include Perival??) Expansion:

"They say if you take a lantern that never lit down the trail of corpses and past the whispering stars you will find an ancient figure atop a crest of determined faces. Treasured by a hidden cult of loyal squires, the figure will awaken for only the most honorable of challengers"

"Percival is a member of a small order called the Black Knights. The Black Knights were founded by a militaristic settlement that hoped to conqueror the darkness and provide a safe haven for humanity. A great crusade called the Black Knights into action and Percival left her home never to be seen again. Before leaving, she commanded her loyal companion, a young puppy, to wait for her safe return. He still waits to this day."

Gryphon Expansion:

"Compared to the great bats of the Hollow Tree, the Gryphon is a tiny and colorful monster. With its powerful wingspan, 20 men across and extremely vicious nature it will hunt these bats during cold periods and bludgeon them to death using its small body.

The corpses of these bats are taken back to the Gryphon’s nest which is crafted over decades by lesser monsters who serve as both its labor and mortar. The Gryphon eats only a portion of these large beasts as it must also feed its nest as it is very much alive.

The Gryphon’s extreme nest building anxiety manifests in a powerful musk, which the orifices in its wing pits consume, store and pressurize in a hump on its back. The monster can spew the concoction which makes humans or other lesser monsters become nest builders. A human can live out its entire life, questing to build parts of a Gryphon’s nest and never realizing the horror of what they are building."

Frogdog Expansion:

Could not find any lore on this guy!!

Storm Knight Expansion:

A toothless survivor tells the story of the knight in the center of the clouds. It was a beautiful sight, obscured by jets of steam and water issuing from ornate faces in its armor. A bitter, metal taste in the storming air. A bolt of light struck him, twisting his body and knocking the teeth from his clenched jaw.

Mountain Man Expansion(Maybe part of a White Speaker Expansion):

" Part of the reason there no male White Speakers"

The Honeycomb Weaver Expansion:

Lantern Festival:

I would think he might revisit this again in the future but maybe not this Kickstarter.

What the Lantern Festival used to be before it was cancelled.

Kingdom Death: Rust Ocean

The Rust Ocean is were the Architects come from, the above image is a Pinup Architect.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.