Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bill Grose
United States
Olmsted Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If two units are hidden in cover and one decides to move, is it revealed when it moves into an adjacent hex? Does that mean that the other unit that did not move is not revealed? Rule 19.0.1 seems to indicate this by using the past tense "...if they take any action."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benny Bosmans
Belgium
Mechelen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In my view they both are revealed as you they both are adjacent to each other.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lewis Karl
United States
Vienna
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Your question does not describe the situation enough to answer definitively because the answer depends on whether the two hidden units are in the same hex, are both on the same side, etc.

Assuming both units are on the same side (friendly units) and stacked in the same hex, and one unit moves, then the rules clearly state that all units in the hex are revealed: "It, and all other hidden units in the same hex, are immediately revealed and placed on the map." (19.0.1)

If you are talking about two non-friendly hidden units in cover and one moves adjacent to the other and is revealed by movement, then the enemy unit is not revealed (19.0.4).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Grose
United States
Olmsted Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To clarify, I meant two units on the same side who are hidden in the same hex. The question to clarify in 19.0.1 is the second sentence. Does the "all other hidden units in the same hex" mean the hex the unit moved from or the hex the unit is moving into?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lewis Karl
United States
Vienna
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In 19.0.1 "hex" refers to the hex containing the hidden unit that takes the action. However, 19.0.2 also states that the hex the newly revealed unit is moving into would also reveal hidden units there. So, in your scenario, its both.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
uwe eickert
United States
Fremont
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
The hidden unit is revealed when it acts and moves. It must move into the new hex to act, so it would no longer be in the same hex as the other hidden unit. So if I understand the question correctly, only the acting unit would be revealed.

Like all other movement situations, you only consider the hex the unit is moving into. You do not consider the hex the unit is moving from when calculating movement cost or if other hidden units are revealed.

I hope this makes sense and clarifies everything.

Gunter
Academy Games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Grose
United States
Olmsted Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Gunter for weighing in on this one. I hope you are doing well. I agree with you that it should only be the hex the one unit is moving into. The other unit stays hidden. In most scenarios it's not an issue, however, in no. 7, it certainly could be.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lewis Karl
United States
Vienna
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the clarification. Perhaps section 19.0.1 should be revised in future releases of the rules to be more clear about what "the same hex" means.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.