Dominion» Forums » General

Subject: Expansions for Dominion Base 2nd Edition rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
bambucha bambuc
msg tools
new user
Hey!

I've asked this on the general forum also, before I knew there are per-game forums.
Anyway I bought the base set and I'm playing it all the time. I want to buy an expansion, but does any of you know if there is any difference in card quality between the Base 2nd Edition and Prosperity/Seaside?
And if the Prosperity Platinum and Colony have the same style as the cards in the 2nd edition?

Should I wait for reprints, buy Empires (I've heard its the same quality as 2nd editions) or are the differences only minor?

Thank you so much!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob S.
msg tools
mbmb
I don't detect any difference in card quality between Prosperity and Seaside expansions (or any others) and the 2nd edition update pack I just received. I sleeve all my cards.

Can't comment on any differences between card styles for treasure and victory.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald X.
United States
flag msg tools
designer
bambucha wrote:
Anyway I bought the base set and I'm playing it all the time. I want to buy an expansion, but does any of you know if there is any difference in card quality between the Base 2nd Edition and Prosperity/Seaside?
And if the Prosperity Platinum and Colony have the same style as the cards in the 2nd edition?

2E Dominion cards are the same quality as ones from Prosperity/Seaside. I have specifically made a pile of 2E and Seaside cards and tried to sort them face down.

Prosperity will get a reprinting with Platinum and Colony in the same style as in 2E Dominion. Current on-the-shelves copies of Prosperity do not have those though. I don't know the timing of the reprint - it depends on when supplies run out and then printer availability.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bambucha bambuc
msg tools
new user
Thank you both for replies!

I guess I'll go for Seaside then, and wait for reprint of Prosperity!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.