Bavaria
flag msg tools
designer
FIS Franconian Gaming Club
badge
History teacher at work
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello.

So there's a setup instruction for how to combine each expansion with the base game in the rulebooks of the two expansions. Actually, it's straightforward and easy to follow. But my question is: Are the two expansions meant to be used together with the base game at the same time?
I mean, in both expansions I am told to replace the 10 special enemy units with the expansion's special units. Which is the paratrooper/Goliath in "Secret Weapons" and the officer/guard dog in "Resistance".
So, I was thinking about taking 5 special units from each expansion, but I'm not sure if this doesn't affect play balance too much. Especially in combination with the new cards added by each expansion.

The other approach would be to just use the expansion material when playing an operation from the corresponding expansion.

Has anyone else wondered about that? Or might there be an official clarification?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Toco
Belgium
Oost-Vlaanderen
Vlaanderen
flag msg tools
designer
Thank you DjaliRiot and chadnorth !
mbmbmbmbmb
The game is a sandbox. You can customize as you like. I add 3 Officers (and dogs) from the Résistance set to the initial enemy pool. (Instead of the normal three special units.)

The 7 special units on the table (at start of game) are replaced by SS-ers from KickStarter. Same rules but correcter storywise for me...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Langer
Germany
Coburg
Bavaria
flag msg tools
designer
FIS Franconian Gaming Club
badge
History teacher at work
mbmbmbmbmb
tocoking wrote:
The game is a sandbox. You can customize as you like.

I see your point, but I still wonder about if this was playtested combining the different expansions at the same time. I.e. if it's meant to be played like a true sandbox.

Have you also shuffled in all the cards from the expansions?
Because in "Resistance" for example there are cards that are specifically aimed at playing with guard dogs, or with gas masks. Same is true for the cards in "Secret Weapons" - so, if I shuffle in all the cards, I'd also have to use every possible type of enemy unit. Another option would be to ignore certain cards when they show up (or remove them from the deck), depending on which elements are or are not used.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enrico Magnani
Italy
Cesenatico
Forlì-Cesena
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I was just wondering the same thing, maybe Thibauld could come at our rescue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thibaud de la Touanne
Canada
Montréal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
The game was created to be played with the base games + 1 expansion only.
It might work to play all " boxes together, but consider it as custom play. Even if I am interrested, I will probably not support this (no time for this).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristo Vaher
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tocoking wrote:
The game is a sandbox. You can customize as you like. I add 3 Officers (and dogs) from the Résistance set to the initial enemy pool. (Instead of the normal three special units.)

The 7 special units on the table (at start of game) are replaced by SS-ers from KickStarter. Same rules but correcter storywise for me...

This is what to follow. This game is a WW2 close quarters combat cooperative sandbox puzzle in a box.

BUT!

I highly recommend to play with just base game content at first. Otherwise you run a high risk of combining something without understanding the consequences of it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.