10 Posts

Mythic Battles: Pantheon» Forums » General

Subject: I want to pledge, but have no creditcard. Help. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Willem Verheij
msg tools
mb
Never backed anything on kickstarter before, I really want to but I have no creditcard. Many people don't have one. I don't need one, aside from for this kickstarter appearantly.

Is there no other payment option?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aditya C
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can use a Debit card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Crane
United States
WASHOUGAL
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Late pledges sometimes take payapl
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Williams
Canada
flag msg tools
I'm told that people sometimes sell their pledges online to third parties.

I've never participated in such sales myself, and I don't know a good place to go looking for them, but if you can find such a website where someone is selling a pledge to the game you want, I expect you can work out alternate payment methods with the ex-backer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Willem Verheij
msg tools
mb
Seems there is no way around it so I ordered one at my bank.

I rather not put faith in third parties for this, I'm already putting faith in a kickstarter project. I never backed a project before.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto Lanza
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
I believe you will have no problem. I have backed many kickstarter projects. This one will not fail. Most all of the game is already complete and they are simply making finishing touches.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Schoberg
United States
Elkhorn
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
it's like an accident that we keep on knitting
badge
and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you not have a debit card? Easier to get one of those (tied to a checking account) than to open a line of credit...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Aldrich
United States
Wausau
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Unless monolith takes paypal, you may have an issue. Kickstarter charges your card immediately upon completion of the kickstarter (either credit or debit, ran as credit), they don't send paypal bill upon completion.

Paypal has been an option for a very few select companies for late backers, pledges, etc. However, those companies usually are up front about the paypal option.

I know conan needed a card for both the campaign and the pledge manager. It probably wouldn't hurt to get one if you want to back this!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Willem Verheij
msg tools
mb
I just have a regular bank pass but that doesnt seem to work, now I just hope that the creditcard will arrive in time due to the weekend. I ordered it friday evening and the message said it would be three days.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Fuller
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
mb
Rhalius wrote:
Never backed anything on kickstarter before, I really want to but I have no creditcard. Many people don't have one. I don't need one, aside from for this kickstarter appearantly.

Is there no other payment option?

Hi,
Not sure if you have yet solved the issue of wanting to pledge but not having a credit card. If you are still looking for a solution you could use a debit card if you have one. If not you could purchase a re-loadable debit card. I believe all the major card companies, (Visa, Mastercard, etc) have them. You simply purchase one and add whatever amount of funds you want to the card then use it just as you would a debit or credit card. I'm from the U.S. so if you're in another part of the world I don't now if the re-loadable debit card is an option for you but it would be worth a try. If that doesn't work another solution is to ask a friend to use his debit card/credit card and just give him the money that you plan on spending.
I hope something is helpful here and you are able to join the campaign and a great community. Best of luck.
Dan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.