$18.00
GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters: 86.64

5,704 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
35.9% of Goal | 27 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

7 Wonders Duel: Pantheon» Forums » General

Subject: Collecting All Five Mythology Token in the First Age rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Carter Rezac

North Carolina
msg tools
After playing the expansion for a couple of times, I was wondering if it is even possible to get all 5 mythology tokens!? I have seen games where you could collect 4, but not all 5.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Morton
United States
Pittsburgh
PA
flag msg tools
[Daytrip Gaming]
mbmbmbmbmb
Only if your opponent is asleep at the wheel. Letting you pick the entire Pantheon is terrible strategy.
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Irving
United States
Salinas
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, it is certainly possible.

knuckles29 wrote:
Only if your opponent is asleep at the wheel. Letting you pick the entire Pantheon is terrible strategy.

Not necessarily. So what if your opponent chooses the gods:
- All of them are pretty good.
- He is going to have fill at least two of the spots that are cheaper for you. (And that will make the Gate cheaper for you.!)
- Simply putting them up there is no assurance of affording them!

If you are able to gain the advantage to resources or cash, it will be worth it. And he's going to reveal cards that you will get first shot to acquire.

The only palpable advantage is he'll be able to pick up most (but possibly not all) of the temples for free--but you may be able to buy or bury them.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R. O. Schaefer
Germany
flag msg tools
mb
rri1 wrote:

- He is going to have fill at least two of the spots that are cheaper for you. (And that will make the Gate cheaper for you.!)


I don't get this. If opponent has all 5 tokens, he will probably make the gate cheap for himself. Plus he has quite some Information advantage about the available gods and roughly what to expect from the gate.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Irving
United States
Salinas
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Califax wrote:
rri1 wrote:

- He is going to have fill at least two of the spots that are cheaper for you. (And that will make the Gate cheaper for you.!)


I don't get this. If opponent has all 5 tokens, he will probably make the gate cheap for himself. Plus he has quite some Information advantage about the available gods and roughly what to expect from the gate.


If your opponent gets all all 5 tokens, he must either:
- Fill 2 "cheap for you" spaces with god cards and leave the Gate cheap for you. OR
- Fill all three "cheap for you" spaces.

Of course he doesn't know he'll have the opportunity until he acquires the last token anyway...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Morton
United States
Pittsburgh
PA
flag msg tools
[Daytrip Gaming]
mbmbmbmbmb
But being able to give yourself the cheapest Gate possible seems pretty good
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R. O. Schaefer
Germany
flag msg tools
mb
rri1 wrote:

If your opponent gets all all 5 tokens, he must either:
- Fill 2 "cheap for you" spaces with god cards and leave the Gate cheap for you. OR
- Fill all three "cheap for you" spaces.

Of course he doesn't know he'll have the opportunity until he acquires the last token anyway...


As I wrote here:
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1674487/first-scientific-vi...

It's not such a bad idea to take control over opponent's cheap spots first in general, unless you find a god that is really strong for you in that specific game. As they are all quite good, it takes some effort to convince yourself doing it, but it can really pay out.

You have always a choice out of 2 to give the weaker god (in the context of that game) to your opponent's cheap spots, speculating for the stronger god via gate. Mars, Nisaba, Zeus, Anubis for example can all be weak under certain conditions (and strong under others). There are other gods like Ra (steal wonder) or Tanit (12$) that feel more generally useful.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.