Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Grant Linneberg
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm wondering if we missed something on our first playing. Say it's 1782 and you draw the Lord North 1780 card. You still have to play it. Does the game end at the end of the 1782 turn then? Or was this card supposed to be pulled out on a previous shuffle or something? Or does the Lord North Falls card have to match the exact year for the game to end (so having the 1780 card come up in 1782 does nothing except frustrate the person unlucky enough to have drawn it)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve C
United States
Kalamazoo
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
6.34.iii - last sentence

"If the card shows the current year or a preceding year, then the game ends and victory is determined."

So in your example, the game ends in 82 since the 80 is the active card and is preceding.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Linneberg
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GenChaos wrote:
6.34.iii - last sentence

"If the card shows the current year or a preceding year, then the game ends and victory is determined."

So in your example, the game ends in 82 since the 80 is the active card and is preceding.

Ah, thanks. I knew I was missing something.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Ketchum
United States
New Castle
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Remember to be strategic about when you play it, too. If you don't want the war to end and have both 1780 and 1783, play 1780 early and pretend you don't have a chance to win
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.