Orcs Must Die!: Order – The Boardgame» Forums » Rules

Subject: Rules faqs rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sam Leung
Singapore
flag msg tools
Decided to post a list of questions I have with the rules
Hope anyone who has played the game can chip in!

1)I understand u can combine resources in the case of gears and traps but not revitalize(it has to be from rift pool), for your individual weapon card upgrade, can u combine resources from hero pool and rift pool?

2) kobold lord, does the + (X) movement on his upgraded whip mean he can have another movement action?

3) For the purpose of tile effects, are enemy bosses considered heroes?

4) when there are several possible targets for minions to attack, do heroes always decide which targets?

5) when a shaman appears he buffs minions in his tile, they stay buffed even when he gets killed in the heroes action phase.
A)if the shaman is killed, Which phase exactly do the minions de-buff?
B) if a trap effect shifted the shaman to another tile, does he still buff the minions on the tile he was initially on?

That's just a couple of little timing and effect questions I have. I read through the rule book which is generally okay. I am hoping to work on smaller player AIDS for minions and refrencing to save table space.
Thanks for your input!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sandy Petersen
United States
Rockwall
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
I wrote the first-ever Lovecraft game.
mbmbmbmbmb
Skinnyspartan wrote:
Decided to post a list of questions I have with the rules
Hope anyone who has played the game can chip in!

1)I understand u can combine resources in the case of gears and traps but not revitalize(it has to be from rift pool), for your individual weapon card upgrade, can u combine resources from hero pool and rift pool?
A - yes you can combine resources for everything except Revitalize

2) kobold lord, does the + (X) movement on his upgraded whip mean he can have another movement action?
A - no, it just means his Movement is greater. Of course, the increased distance applies to both his move actions.

3) For the purpose of tile effects, are enemy bosses considered heroes?
A - no. They are considered bosses.

4) when there are several possible targets for minions to attack, do heroes always decide which targets?
A - yes, unless a player's ability or some card or some boss power affects this. Or of course if the minions have no choice (like if there's only one hero in the tile)

5) when a shaman appears he buffs minions in his tile, they stay buffed even when he gets killed in the heroes action phase.
A)if the shaman is killed, Which phase exactly do the minions de-buff?
B) if a trap effect shifted the shaman to another tile, does he still buff the minions on the tile he was initially on?
Answer - If the shaman is killed, they de-buff at the end of the hero's full Attack action in which he was killed. Thus, they will no longer be buffed for the next hero's Attack. Or, if the same Hero can attack twice, they're de-buffed on his next attack.

If the shaman is killed by a trap, then at the end of that trap's firing, the minions de-buff. (So, for instance, if two traps are firing into the same room, and the first trap kills the shaman, the minions are de-buffed for the second trap's resolution.

If a trap moves the shaman (or a buffed minion) out of the tile, the buffs change after that trap is resolved. Example: if a trap bumps a shaman into a tile in which the trap has not yet resolved, he will buff the minions in the new tile for that tile's trap. Or if a trap bumps a buffed minion into such a tile, that minion WON'T be buffed for that tile's trap.

Basically, the buff ends immediately after the act which kills or moves the shaman.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.