Popular Tags: [View All]
Nino Milicic
Slovenia
Ormož
Prlekija
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello boardgamers,

Next we I have with my guys board game night, after a few weeks. So I looking to play Lamps are going out in 4 players. Can you please give me your opinion what do you think about 4P? Its ok? Are te sides balance equal?

Thank you for dear gamers,
Regards,
Nino

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mick Mickelsen
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a good game, but to be honest I wouldn't want to play it 4 player, although admittedly I haven't tried it. The 3rd and 4th players are the "Eastern Powers" (Russian and the US) and the "Central Powers" (Austra-Hungary and Ottomans). Those two players will have much less to do than the Germany and France/England players. It's a solid two player game, and one of the best solo games, not specifically designed to be played solo, that I have played, but I would choose many other four player wargames over this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nino Milicic
Slovenia
Ormož
Prlekija
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mickmick wrote:
but I would choose many other four player wargames over this.

Like what for example? I have in my mind Napoleonic Wars 2nd edition, Sword of Rome, Wellington... but I have problem that 2 of my players are not wargamers, and I think that this will be too much for them.

Thanks for answer,
Nino

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Factor
United States
San Leandro
California
flag msg tools
I am Volko Ruhnke's medulla oblongata....
mbmbmb
Well... I've played twice with 4 players and thoroughly enjoyed it. Despite many naysayers, I think it plays well. You must keep in mind the obvious: the Austria-Hungary and Russian players will take a back seat to the German and Allied players, especially in the early game. That being said, I find that it doesn't matter at all since both of those players (at least in my games) conferred with their respective allies enough to turn the affair into quite a team game. Lots of advice going back and forth and I found the internal politicking a plus for interactivity.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Szarka
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
When it is your turn to send a VASSAL move, the wait is excruciating. When it's my turn, well, I've been busy.
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it works fine, on the understanding that not all players have as many decisions to make and battles to fight each turn. However, it is not playable in a single evening. It's a fairly long game (as was the war). I've only played once, but I'd guess about 6 hours if it goes the distance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Moura
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I prefer it with four players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.