Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Erik Stonemark
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey guys,
I was just curious as to what expansions you might recommend to get first. I missed the KS campaign but am going to preorder the main game and I am starting to lean towards the solo play and card expansions. I'm getting into the Vietnam era with my wargaming and have had a good experience with Flying Pig and their Old School Tactical game line.
I know that this game is just getting set to release soon, and not everyone may have their copies yet, but I thought I would try to get some opinions.

Thanks in advance,
Erik
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As I understand it the game will probably not ship until April so unless you buy the PnP version you have a lot of time. I might be mis-remembering the shipping details for the physical KS games, I have a hard time keeping track of that data (not an FPG related issue, I am just getting old and what were we talking about?)

I was unaware that there were any expansions. There were some "stretch goals" from the KS campaign, but I thought those were exclusive to KS backers. I am probably getting that confused with another game as well.

My quick perusal of the FPG and KS websites leads me to be suspicious of both of my answers above.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob
United States
flag msg tools
We've done the impossible, and that makes us mighty.
badge
Ten percent of nothing is, let me do the math here, nothing into nothing, carry the nothin'...
mbmbmbmbmb
KS Stretch Goals:

Marine Corps Stretch Goal. A full sheet of Marine Corps counters and scenarios to use them in.

Solitaire Expansion Stretch Goal. A solitaire version of ’65 includes additional counters, six scenarios, and a unique solitaire playing card deck.

ANZAC Stretch Goal. A full sheet of Australian and New Zealand counters (1 sheet total) and scenarios to use them in.

22” x 34” Mounted City Terrain Board Stretch Goal.

Action Card expansion! A 9-card Action Card set with unique Action Cards, such as Double Strike, Sneak, and Tactics. These cards will expand the standard deck with abilities unique to the opposing forces NVA/VC or United States.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are those for sale?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Ten percent of nothing is, let me do the math here, nothing into nothing, carry the nothin'...
mbmbmbmbmb
Have not heard either way. You might send a message to Mark and check with him.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I backed the KS campaign, so I already "bought" them. I am just trying to help the OP.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Same here...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Stonemark
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for all the help guys!

I saw them listed on Flying Pig's site under the '65 listing as expansions, I did not realize they were orinally stretch goals, so looking at the prices, it seems that KS pledgers get the better deal(as it should be, sorry I missed out on the KS). I definitely will be getting the base game, but my budget will limit me to 1 or 2 expansions, at least for now.
Leaning toward the solo play(since my game night efforts with friends have been sidetracked and or quashed with kids and jobs and the like- such is life)
Not really sure after that, more maps, more cards...hmm
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darryel C.
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I believe it will ship end of December. That being said, if I had to pick only one upgrade I would go with Marines or Anzacs. More units and scenarios.
The game, even though card driven, is very easy to play solitary even without the solo expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Walker
United States
Henry
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
'65 Squad Level Combat in Vietnam. On Kickstarter!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, the game printing is complete. We are arranging some shipping details this week... i.e. the best way to drop ship to European and PacRim countries. I expect the games to be on a ship next week. I hope we will be shipping to everyone by the end of December. The holidays may impact that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.