1 Posts

Red7» Forums » Variants

Subject: Advanced Game Rules + King maker rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David K
msg tools
mbmb
Due to a misinterpretation initially, I've played with the following 2 variants for games where we're keeping score:

1. You may discard a card to the canvas and change the rules, even if you are not winning at the end of your turn. You still lose, but you have impacted the game state for the other players. If the following player is now winning, they may pass their turn.

OR

2. You may discard a card to the canvas and change the rules, even if you are no longer winning at the end of your turn, but only if you do NOT change which player is winning. this change may NOT change who is currently winning the game, only the rules under which
I've interpreted the change to a scored game to include that you had the opportunity to change the game state on your losing turn and thus impact the outcome for the other players.

2 is a softer/less Kingmakery version of 1 for people who really hate that aspect of games.

This seems pretty clear that this is wrong by the rules as written, (The rules state that you can't play to your palette or discard to the canvas if doing so means you are not winning the game after this.) but I find it introduces some interesting strategy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.