Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Denmark
Bagsværd
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey,

My biggest concern with getting the 1.5 upgrade pack is:

Would the Cards be the same size and would the new cards match the cards backs of the old cards.

There already some problems with some expansions and the old core game.
And also sizes regarding the white boxes

Should I get a totally new core game or just gamble with upgrade pack?
Or will there be more freedom with a pledge manager?

Hmm I know it hard to match cards, but we dont know the %ish of how many replacements there is in the upgrade

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Pflug
Germany
Schwäbisch Gmünd
Baden Würtemberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sure he is doing the best, to match the old and new cards, since some of them are meant to replace old cards, and go in those existing decks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmbmbmb
It's difficult to match cards between printings. If I couldn't live with slight variations between cards in the deck, I'd either buy a new core set or buy a lotta sleeves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Awaited King
msg tools
Darkwing Dahl wrote:
Hey,

Would the Cards be the same size and would the new cards match the cards backs of the old cards.

Hmm I know it hard to match cards, but we dont know the %ish of how many replacements there is in the upgrade

You should definitely buy a whole new game, because otherwise a slightly different color on one card would definelty ruin the game. Also we are fairies how can see the future and will be able to tale if this cards would be significantly different. By the way I heard Poots is going to make upgrade cards 5 milimiters bigger just for the sake of it.

But I guess the pledge manager will let you choose between bigger cards and the cards that match nicely those from 1.3 version.

Think before you post.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
My name is
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Asked him the question directly today in the name of the BGG supporters and here's the answer:

"the manufacturer has assured me that we will match everything up. We are using the same die (the tool to cut the cards from their sheets), so the size of the cards will be exactly the same. The BGG community is most likely talking about the cards from our white box single releases, which are done short run locally and not en mass in china".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denmark
Bagsværd
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kurczaczekx wrote:
Darkwing Dahl wrote:
Hey,

You should definitely buy a whole new game, because otherwise a slightly different color on one card would definelty ruin the game. Also we are fairies how can see the future and will be able to tale if this cards would be significantly different. By the way I heard Poots is going to make upgrade cards 5 milimiters bigger just for the sake of it.

But I guess the pledge manager will let you choose between bigger cards and the cards that match nicely those from 1.3 version.

Think before you post.

Thank you, it's hard to think before posting I know.

But I think you should do a search around the issue in the forum.
Maybe something would came up in the results.

The promo cards from GenCon as you say, was slightly different!
Hopefully this wouldn't be a problem for 1.5.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.