Subject: Activating cities/exploring ruins rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jens Futterer
Germany
Munich
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The german rules tell me that to explore or activate I just have to put one of my units into the city or ruin. But it does not say that this unit has to be from the same hex. But I cannot believe that is the way it works.
So, does a unit which wants to activate a city or explore a ruin have to be at the same hex as the ruin or city?

Thanks and regards
Jens

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mathias
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, the unit has to be in the same hex, and not already committed to another city or ruin.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jens Futterer
Germany
Munich
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. Does make sense. But where in the rules can I find that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mathias
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FuttererJ wrote:
Thanks. Does make sense. But where in the rules can I find that?

It doesn't seem to be explicitly stated in the Rules or FAQ, but I promise that it's the case, and furthermore the movement action itself would be unnecessary if you could just jump to any ruin/city.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jens Futterer
Germany
Munich
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Exactly. The jump around part was the reason why I asked. Movement becomes useless then. So they have forgotten writing down this little but important requirement for activating and exploring.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Favazza
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I never noticed before that they don't explicitly say that. But I agree that that is how it should work. I wonder if it does say it in the Italian rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Chiarvesio
Italy
Torino
Piemonte
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
FuttererJ wrote:
Exactly. The jump around part was the reason why I asked. Movement becomes useless then. So they have forgotten writing down this little but important requirement for activating and exploring.

We honestly did not thought that anyone could think miniatures could teleport into ruins or cities from other hexagons, so we did not specified that in the rulebook, sorry about that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.