Lanterns: The Harvest Festival» Forums » Rules

Subject: platform tiles rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
darthead cricketeer
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
So the rules state that you get dedication tokens for matching platform tiles. Does this mean that if i place a platform tile adjacent to a tile with a platform i get 2 tokens? And also if i place a regular tile adjacent to a platform i get 1 token?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K Fung
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Love playing tile games!
badge
mbmbmbmb
Your assumptions are correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Chaz
United States
Arkansas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
To be clear, the matching bonuses only apply when the adjacent sides match colors. The mere presence of a platform isn't sufficient to award a bonus.

The rules have detailed pictorial examples that illustrate various cases.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
darthead cricketeer
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
So The Chaz, are you saying that if the sides of the tiles dont match that i dont a token for platforms?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Chaz
United States
Arkansas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
darthead501 wrote:
So The Chaz, are you saying that if the sides of the tiles dont match that i don't [get] a token for platforms?

Yes. What version of the rules are you reading?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K Fung
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Love playing tile games!
badge
mbmbmbmb
The Chaz wrote:
To be clear, the matching bonuses only apply when the adjacent sides match colors. The mere presence of a platform isn't sufficient to award a bonus.

That's an important clarification. Thanks for raising it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomello Visello
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
darthead501 wrote:
So the rules state that you get dedication tokens for matching platform tiles. Does this mean that if i place a platform tile adjacent to a tile with a platform i get 2 tokens?

The rules also demonstrate this bonus concept on page 7 11 with example 3, where matching colors involve 3 tiles with platforms.

Because 3 of the matching tiles contain Platforms—the tile she placed and the tiles it matches—she receives 3 Favor Tokens, one for each matching Platform tile.

Edit:
corrected page number

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergey Istomin
Russia
Syktyvkar
Komi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have another question. What if you place a tile with a platform that matches two adjacent tiles with no platforms on them. How many dedication tokens would you get?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomello Visello
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
syst wrote:
I have another question. What if you place a tile with a platform that matches two adjacent tiles with no platforms on them. How many dedication tokens would you get?
Where there are matches, count the number of platforms involved in those matches (not the number of matches): One.

rules quote with my highlight.

Next, if any of the matching Lake Tiles (including the newly placed tile) have Platforms on them, the active player receives one Favor Token for each Platform.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.