5,704 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
35.9% of Goal | 27 Days Left

Support:

guinch Nudrevil
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Monolith tested the print n play version of "clutchesof the picts - mission 1 of the book) which was different from the commercial version, and easier for the heroes :

- gems : OL started with 8 or 9 gems (not 10 or 11)
- free heroes starting points : heroes could start on any renfort point they chose.

4th heroe suggested was Valéria with parry dagger and sword (not bêlit)

In the other way Conan started with no shield, which is not enough to balance the gems bump.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Aldrich
United States
Wausau
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I found the scenario to be challenging but balanced. Conan ran to the boss' hut and killed him quickly. Shevastas went into the hyena pen and violla! The princess was there. The overlord put up a good fight but couldn't fight the luck of the princess token placement.

Gems aren't everything, especially with a random blind objective (even the ol doesn't know where it is). The thing that I have seen change games is gear (weapons, shields, ranged units, and orbs).

With 8 or 9 gems, the overlord would be severely disadvantaged.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
guinch Nudrevil
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
455_PWR wrote:
I found the scenario to be challenging but balanced. Conan ran to the boss' hut and killed him quickly. Shevastas went into the hyena pen and violla! The princess was there. The overlord put up a good fight but couldn't fight the luck of the princess token placement.

Gems aren't everything, especially with a random blind objective (even the ol doesn't know where it is). The thing that I have seen change games is gear (weapons, shields, ranged units, and orbs).

This is interesting to see the most tested version was this one. As OL or player, never the OL lost with the commercial version. It wasn't the case with the PNP we played extensively

Don't forget there's a blocker between conan and the boss' hut and head (weight 2). And the Snake is just there ready to block. So are the others blockers.

As shevatas carry the princess, he loses his abilities because she is weight 6 and you have to carry her outside the village.

With more gems, you always can choose which unit you activate as OL.

Against 4 heroes it's challengin, against 3 heroes it's no more fun, whatever the strategy as long as you make no real mistake (OL waiting and using dices to defend or playing battle for fun, you win as OL).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zachary Ruiz
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
I might just be crazy but didn't Pict Hunters used to have armor of 2 (it's now 1)? That makes a huge difference in combat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Albert Lukan
United States
New York
flag msg tools
swammeyjoe wrote:
I might just be crazy but didn't Pict Hunters used to have armor of 2 (it's now 1)? That makes a huge difference in combat.

You're right, I just printed the scenario and it shows them with 2 armor and the Pict Warrior with 3.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Colm
msg tools
mbmb
455_PWR wrote:

Sorry but... LOL.

It's not balanced. The heroes won because the OL played very badly in your example. He should not have placed the princess with the hyenas. That is a ridiculous strategy. Conan should have been blocked before he reached Zogar Zag, and preferably dragged into a war of attrition with the Snake.

The truth is that if the OL plays sensibly (and boringly) he has a huge advantage in this scenario.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.