$18.00
GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters: 131.3

7,715 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
48.6% of Goal | left

Support:

Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

V-Commandos» Forums » Rules

Subject: spotted tokens? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert Litchfield
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For the life of me I can't figure out how the spotted tokens work. I've looked through the manual a couple of times, and I can only see a reference near the end of the manual. What it doesn't tell me is how the spotted tokens gets on the board in the first place.

Thanks in advance for your help.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil McDonald
England
Staffordshire
UK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rlitchfield wrote:
For the life of me I can't figure out how the spotted tokens work. I've looked through the manual a couple of times, and I can only see a reference near the end of the manual. What it doesn't tell me is how the spotted tokens gets on the board in the first place.

Thanks in advance for your help.


The eye tokens go in the bag with the equipment tokens. If one comes out of the bag when you kill an enemy...

a. If there is another enemy alive on the tile your commanndo becomes visible and discard the eye token, do not draw another token.

b. If there is no other enemy alive on the tile nothing happens. Discard the eye token and do not draw another token.


It's another way to become visible.
2 
 Thumb up
0.01
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
François Mahieu
Belgium
Rhode-Saint-Genèse
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rlitchfield wrote:
For the life of me I can't figure out how the spotted tokens work. I've looked through the manual a couple of times, and I can only see a reference near the end of the manual. What it doesn't tell me is how the spotted tokens gets on the board in the first place.

Thanks in advance for your help.


I just asked the same question!

Nowhere in the rulebook do you learn what/where the spotted are supposed to be. Crazy.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil McDonald
England
Staffordshire
UK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
poifpoif wrote:
rlitchfield wrote:
For the life of me I can't figure out how the spotted tokens work. I've looked through the manual a couple of times, and I can only see a reference near the end of the manual. What it doesn't tell me is how the spotted tokens gets on the board in the first place.

Thanks in advance for your help.


I just asked the same question!

Nowhere in the rulebook do you learn what/where the spotted are supposed to be. Crazy.


It IS there, but the rules are spread out. The various ways to become visible aren't all grouped together, and the wording isn't always as clear as it should be.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Litchfield
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
philmcd wrote:

The eye tokens go in the bag with the equipment tokens. If one comes out of the bag when you kill an enemy...

a. If there is another enemy alive on the tile your commanndo becomes visible and discard the eye token, do not draw another token.

b. If there is no other enemy alive on the tile nothing happens. Discard the eye token and do not draw another token.


It's another way to become visible.


Thank you for the answer...that was not very clear in the manual. This also makes sense considering it was pretty easy to stay hidden in a couple of the games I've played already.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil McDonald
England
Staffordshire
UK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rlitchfield wrote:
philmcd wrote:

The eye tokens go in the bag with the equipment tokens. If one comes out of the bag when you kill an enemy...

a. If there is another enemy alive on the tile your commanndo becomes visible and discard the eye token, do not draw another token.

b. If there is no other enemy alive on the tile nothing happens. Discard the eye token and do not draw another token.


It's another way to become visible.


Thank you for the answer...that was not very clear in the manual. This also makes sense considering it was pretty easy to stay hidden in a couple of the games I've played already.


I had to read it a couple of times too
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Munk
United States
Lebanon
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How many spotted tokens come in the base game? I made the mistake of punching all of my tokens and putting them together, and then reading the rules...

I'm thinking the counter mix will be skewed if I'm only using base game scenarios?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thibaud de la Touanne
Canada
Montréal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Rog. wrote:
How many spotted tokens come in the base game? I made the mistake of punching all of my tokens and putting them together, and then reading the rules...


there are 16 spotted tokens.

Rog. wrote:
I'm thinking the counter mix will be skewed if I'm only using base game scenarios?


Not sure to understand, sorry
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Munk
United States
Lebanon
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought there might have been additional spotted tokens with the expansions. When adding the expansion equipment tokens to the draw bag, it makes it more likely that I will draw equipment tokens when eliminating enemies. Unless I misunderstand the equipment draw mechanic?

I put all the equipment tokens, other than the ones that the commandos start with, into a bag with the spotted tokens. I hope that's what I was supposed to do? I didn't see anywhere where the counter mix was customized by scenario.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thibaud de la Touanne
Canada
Montréal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Rog. wrote:
I thought there might have been additional spotted tokens with the expansions. When adding the expansion equipment tokens to the draw bag, it makes it more likely that I will draw equipment tokens when eliminating enemies. Unless I misunderstand the equipment draw mechanic?


No additional spotted tokens with the expansions. Be sure that the new specail units in the expansions will make the commandos life difficult

Rog. wrote:
I put all the equipment tokens, other than the ones that the commandos start with, into a bag with the spotted tokens. I hope that's what I was supposed to do? I didn't see anywhere where the counter mix was customized by scenario.


Yes, you are correct. The equipment token in the reserve is not based on the scenario, except some exceptions stated on the operation card, for example "Black Tea" operation.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.