3 Posts

Mansions of Madness: Second Edition» Forums » Rules

Subject: Monster Movement - Dearly Departed rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jay Shepherd
United States
flag msg tools
So this was during the scenario Dearly Departed and I came across a Monster Instruction I haven't seen before. I took a screenshot during the game to ensure I could review it.

"The monster moves up to 2 spaces to be in a space with as many investigators as possible. Then it attacks each investigator in its space."

The options it gave were "Monster Attacks" and "No investigators in the space" instead of the more usual "Cannot move" option.

The follow-up instruction after selecting "No investigators in the space." was "The monster moves 1 space toward the nearest investigator within range. Then it attacks the investigator in its space with the lowest agility."

And here we could select the more normal "No investigators within range"

So I guess my question is how do you handle movement for the first instruction set. If no one is within range or 2 spaces away it seems that you could argue the monster doesn't move at all or even moves even further away as all spaces are equally valid leading to a tie.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would just treat the first instruction as if it as cannot move. The alternative is that you could pick any space, and that's silly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Shepherd
United States
flag msg tools
Clipper wrote:
I would just treat the first instruction as if it as cannot move. The alternative is that you could pick any space, and that's silly.

I agree, but it also seemed a little silly that the monster would also just sit still and not move at all. Though I'm sure I can head cannon a good reason into existence.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.