Tiny Epic Quest» Forums » General

Subject: I'm in! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David SL
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
As someone who has wanted to get a good ol' dungeon crawler since I got back into board gaming, I think this could be the answer. Quite frankly I don't game with people who have the time for regular 3 hour plus sessions or campaigns, so getting my fix of adventuring is tough sometimes. An hour long game in a small box that fills that niche? How could I not back it?!

Really glad I clicked that banner today, I didn't even know this game was being made!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E Talley
United States
Aurora
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome!

If you are new to the Tiny Epic series the earlier ones are worth checking out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad103
United States
Skaneateles
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Glad you caught the campaign in time! As Talley said, check out other TE games. Their last one was Tiny Epic Western, which I really enjoy.

Also, I wouldn't really call this a 'dungeon crawler' game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Antonio
Honduras
flag msg tools
Hi TC and welcome. Just one thing, like Brad said, this game does not really fall into the dungeon crawler category. Its an entirely new beast that Im sure you’ll Enjoy either way

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Sponaugle
United States
Canton
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For sure, check out Tiny Epic Western, and Tiny Epic Galaxies! I have Tiny Epic Kingdoms and Tiny Epic Defenders, too, but they pale in comparison to Western & Galaxies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David SL
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks all!

Heh, I know this isn't at all a 'dungeon crawler', I used to play Hero Quest (incorrectly) back in the day. What I really meant was I was hoping to capture that spirit of adventure, and this game looks set to do that in a short timeframe and small box, which is ideal for me.

I actually nearly did back Tiny Epic Western as a huge Western film fan, but ultimately didn't really feel as interested in the overall design of it. This theme is right up my alley, though, and I love the overall design of everything.

Glad to be on board! Really looking forward to this one!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad103
United States
Skaneateles
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DavidSL wrote:
Thanks all!

Heh, I know this isn't at all a 'dungeon crawler', I used to play Hero Quest (incorrectly) back in the day. What I really meant was I was hoping to capture that spirit of adventure, and this game looks set to do that in a short timeframe and small box, which is ideal for me.

I actually nearly did back Tiny Epic Western as a huge Western film fan, but ultimately didn't really feel as interested in the overall design of it. This theme is right up my alley, though, and I love the overall design of everything.

Glad to be on board! Really looking forward to this one!

Tiny Epic Western is the only other TE game I own (played TEG though) and I really enjoy it. It's becoming one of my favorite games ever. It's got a lot of moving parts, but it fits together nice. The poker hand management is just as important (or more) than the placement of the workers. If you're a fan of western, I think you'd really enjoy the game.

I'd say TEQ is a bit of a worker placement game too. Some places do give resources (health/power), others give delayed rewards and points during the night phase. Also. The whole quest system is based a lot on worker position. And of course its a push your luck game. But the push your luck part is semi-cooperative, which is an interesting mechanic as well. I think TEQ will be another interesting blend of mechanics. And now with Gloomfall!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David SL
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I've just watched the first 8 or so minutes of one of the playthrough videos and I'm so glad I decided to back this, it looks amazing!

I really like how there's so much going on despite the small package. It has the feel of a much larger game but seems to do away with the unnecessary bloating of miniatures and long bits of text (which I am a fan of but don't usually get the time to enjoy) and just boils it all down to the essentials of an adventure game.

I think this could be a real hit with my friends.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ka Mi
Poland
Poznań
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
any late pledge possible..?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David SL
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
BrotherInJah wrote:
any late pledge possible..?

This is my first time backing or buying a Tiny Epic game, but I've seen they are taking late pledges on their Tiny Epic Galaxies Kickstarter at the moment, so maybe will have the same on this one!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.