$18.00
GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters: 132.73

7,774 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
49% of Goal | left

Support:

bob labine
msg tools
Here's a situation that arose in our last game.

I played rapid mobilisation with Lando. On his turn, the Empire player moved his fleet and stumbled on my rebel base. He had the death star with him, while I didn't have the plans. Since Lando ws already in the system (Well he was on the rebel base space because of RM mission, but was moved along with the other units when the base was discovered by the Empire) I did not move in an extra leader for the combat. I lost my entire fleet on the first round of space combat except for a mon cal cruiser. On the ground theatre I had greater chances (including a shield generator). After the first combat step (space + ground) I decided to retreat my mon cal cruiser, knowing it was lost already because of the presence of the Death Star. I eventually won the ground battle. Now the question is, since Lando was initially assigned to RM mission, but then moved away from the system with the cruiser, should I still be allowed to rapid mobilise at the end of the command phase?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig S.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yes. Lando fulfilled his requirement to reveal RM. You don't need him after that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aron
Netherlands
flag msg tools
Life is game, you gotta enjoy the journey.
badge
Life may knock you down sometimes. Its up to you if you stand up and live your life to the fullest.
mbmbmbmbmb
csouth154 wrote:
Yes. Lando fulfilled his requirement to reveal RM. You don't need him after that.

Even if you lost ground battle but won space battle and Empire has after captured that leader you still resolved the mission earlier and get that reward later (end of command phase).

One check though: you state "I did not move in an extra leader for the combat"... since Lando is present, you cannot send in another leader at start of battle. You can only do so when you dont have a leader with tactics present.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bob labine
msg tools
Arontje wrote:
csouth154 wrote:

Even if you lost ground battle but won space battle and Empire has after captured that leader you still resolved the mission earlier and get that reward later (end of command phase).

One check though: you state "I did not move in an extra leader for the combat"... since Lando is present, you cannot send in another leader at start of battle. You can only do so when you dont have a leader with tactics present.

Yeah, bad choice of words. I meant I did not add a leader for combat purpose because of Lando. I shouldn't have said the word "extra". Thanks for pointing this out!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.