29.3% of Goal | 28 Days Left

Support:

Evan Christman
United States
Silver Spring
Maryland
flag msg tools
new user
Teach an eager-to-learn novice! Be a hero to your favorite game! Play A Distant Plain with a noble beginner!

Are you a consim addict looking for a new player to indoctrinate? Or just someone who has played through a time or two? I am a 40-something father/husband returning to wargaming after a 20 plus year absence from the hobby. I have fallen in love with the COIN system, and picked up a copy of A Distant Plain (nice discount at Washingcon 2016-thanks Labyrinth!). I could use the help of a more experienced player in putting the pieces together.

I have read the rules, even done a game “walk-through” of the scenario in the playbook. I am looking for someone with a little more experience to play a live game against to strengthen my understanding of the game’s rules/structure. Would gladly play another COIN system game of your preference (though I only own ADP).

I am looking for an in-person game in the Washington DC area, flexible as to location (probably best to do it at a library or game shop, my family does not understand my gaming habit yet).

Please respond to this thread or message me. Thank you for your consideration!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scrumpy Jack
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome back to the hobby, and welcome to the Geek!

What a great choice of game to get going with.

There isn't much about you on your profile yet, not that we are stalkers, but you get a good feel about someone from their game collection, so add yours in when you get a chance.

Here is some :gg: to get you started with an Avatar.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Christman
United States
Silver Spring
Maryland
flag msg tools
new user
Thanks for the tips. Will take a look at my profile. Thanks for the gold.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nik Knight
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kingstowne Gaming Brigade (KGB) in the Kingstowne/Springfield area of Fairfax usually has some COIN play going on Saturdays.

PM your email and I'll send it to the right people. If it is not too far for you that is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Christman
United States
Silver Spring
Maryland
flag msg tools
new user
That would be fantastic. Will do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.