Subject: What did Trump say about the recount rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: Yawn...Godwins_Law_Invoked [+] [View All]
Snoo Py
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
Trump : "I'm all for it. I'm sure I won, and a recount will dissipate any doubts some people might have"

.... Actually he did not say this. He would never use a word like 'dissipate' , it's a way too complex word for his supporters. And what he said is irrelevant, and easy to guess anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Joe Cool wrote:
Trump : "I'm all for it. I'm sure I won, and a recount will dissipate any doubts some people might have"

.... Actually he did not say this. He would never use a word like 'dissipate' , it's a way too complex word for his supporters. And what he said is irrelevant, and easy to guess anyway.

Why don't you dissipate your ass fat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew
United States
North Dakota
flag msg tools
Thanks for the rent-free space in your head. Would have been nice if you'd cleaned it up a bit before you rented it out, though.
badge
I control your mind.
mbmbmbmbmb
You might win the "pointless thread of the week" award.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Mann
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:

Drew, that is a really, really tough call. He was a lot of competition this week. Let's come up with nominees, and I will award the award.

Dennis
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
casey r lowe
United States
butte
Montana
flag msg tools
mb
utoption2 wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:

Drew, that is a really, really tough call. He was a lot of competition this week. Let's come up with nominees, and I will award the award.

Dennis

here are my nominations:

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1678856
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1677594

a fake news article and a tweet are considered thread-worthy - come on
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Welcome Rolling Stones
Latvia
Bullshit
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
President Fuck Yourself wrote:
“This recount is just a way for Jill Stein, who received less than one percent of the vote overall and wasn’t even on the ballot in many states, to fill her coffers with money, most of which she will never even spend on this ridiculous recount. This is a scam by the Green Party for an election that has already been conceded, and the results of this election should be respected instead of being challenged and abused, which is exactly what Jill Stein is doing."

Sounds kind of like Donald 'Recall' Trump is a bit nervous here. What is he hiding?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Goch
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
49xjohn wrote:
“This recount is just a way for Jill Stein, who received less than one percent of the vote overall and wasn’t even on the ballot in many states, to fill her coffers with money, most of which she will never even spend on this ridiculous recount. This is a scam by the Green Party for an election that has already been conceded, and the results of this election should be respected instead of being challenged and abused, which is exactly what Jill Stein is doing."

Sounds kind of like Donald 'Recall' Trump is a bit nervous here. What is he hiding?

It's called "projection". It's what he was planning on doing when he lost.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harmonica
Netherlands
Tilburg
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
Keep your lovin' brother happy!
mbmbmbmbmb
49xjohn wrote:

No, no, he fell out of his presidential role.

It is always refreshing to see the true nature of people, especially when they are acting so hard. We're gonna see this often the coming years.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew
United States
North Dakota
flag msg tools
Thanks for the rent-free space in your head. Would have been nice if you'd cleaned it up a bit before you rented it out, though.
badge
I control your mind.
mbmbmbmbmb
49xjohn wrote:

I think he's exactly correct. You do realize that Stein keeps increasing the amount she needs to kickstart her project.

First it was 2.5 million, and she got it. So she increased it to 4.5 million, and now she's got it up to 7 or 8 million.

Which is amazing considering she didn't raise anywhere near that amount for her own campaign. Which makes me wonder where the money is coming from? Deep-pocketed Clinton donors?

Also amazing given that she ran as the anti-Clinton. Oh, but she insists she'd still be doing this even if Clinton won. Uh-huh. Sure.

And if you consider that since this isn't part of her campaign, she's freed up from FEC regulations. Which means if she wants to pull a Bernie and just go buy a house with all this money, there ain't no rules against it.

And of course there are no indications that there was any vote tampering at all. Stein herself admits that. The Obama administration insists there wasn't any either. (Oh, maybe that's the problem. They needed more vote tampering and didn't get it. How much you want to bet they'll keep counting until a box of ballots are "discovered" in someone's car trunk again.)

And now I'm beginning to think that all this talk about Russia hacking our elections was just Dems laying the narrative groundwork in case of a loss. (Or a loss they completely expected?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
casey r lowe
United States
butte
Montana
flag msg tools
mb
Drew1365 wrote:
I think he's exactly correct. You do realize that Stein keeps increasing the amount she needs to kickstart her project.

complains about journalism but links to zerohedge which itself links to infowars - lol
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge Montero
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
I'll take Manhattan in a garbage bag. With Latin written on it that says "It's hard to give a shit these days"
mbmbmbmbmb
She increased the money, because all of this seems done on a lark, thinking that nothing would come out of it. They had to take it far more seriously when it became clear that she'd have to fund this for real.

I for one don't think there was any counting fraud, but I think it'd make a lot of sense to recount a small, random percentage of precincts, as a way to catch major systemic errors. Recounting entire states on a lark, however, seems like a big waste of money.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew
United States
North Dakota
flag msg tools
badge
I control your mind.
mbmbmbmbmb
hibikir wrote:
She increased the money, because all of this seems done on a lark, thinking that nothing would come out of it. They had to take it far more seriously when it became clear that she'd have to fund this for real.

Uh huh. Not buying that explanation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Joe Cool wrote:
Actually he did not say this..

He should come out in favor of it and as well as a full investigation into voter fraud. I think this would work well. I am fairly certain a full investigation into voter fraud would get the democrats to stop as it would reveal just how easy same day registration has made it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aric Ashgrove
United States
Independence
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
My favorite boardgames are tactical level wargames, action/dexterity, adventure/story telling, and civilization/4x style!
mbmbmbmbmb

Taken from Mike Riviero's site
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aric Ashgrove
United States
Independence
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
My favorite boardgames are tactical level wargames, action/dexterity, adventure/story telling, and civilization/4x style!
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Welcome Rolling Stones
Latvia
Bullshit
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I'm hearing from very high sources, a lot of people in high places that a lot of voting precincts in Wisconsin reported vote counts that are higher than the number of registered voters in the precinct. This is bad, believe me.

This is the type of thing that happens when some bad dudes manipulate the vote tallies when it gets to the spreadsheet level. The problem is that in order to do it correctly, you simply switch the vote tallies if you are losing, but what apparently happened here was that someone just increased the number. This is bad, very bad. Doing it this way can get you caught.

The same thing happened in central Ohio 12 years ago.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Mann
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
single sentences wrote:
utoption2 wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:

Dennis

here are my nominations:

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1678856
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1677594

a fake news article and a tweet are considered thread-worthy - come on

Sorry, you weren't invited to nominate. I plan to buy 300 GG and run the contest. This process may take a few days.

Please stand by.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Snoo Py
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
About the money:
In 2004, the Cobb/LaMarche campaign demanded a recount in Ohio. Because of their efforts, an election administrator went to jail. We also exposed the profound problems with DRE machines, which helped launch an election integrity movement. That provoked California to engage in a "top to bottom" review of their voting system, which culminated in the abolition of DRE machines.
The Green Party Platform calls for "publicly-owned, open source voting equipment and deploy it across the nation to ensure high national standards, performance, transparency and accountability; use verifiable paper ballots; and institute mandatory automatic random precinct recounts to ensure a high level of accuracy in election results."

Election integrity experts have independently identified Michigan, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin as states where "statistical anomalies" raised concerns. Our effort to recount votes in those states is not intended to help Hillary Clinton.

These recounts are part of an election integrity movement to attempt to shine a light on just how untrustworthy the U.S. election system is.

All money raised goes toward recounts in Wisconsin, Michigan and Pennsylvania. We hope to do recounts in all three states. If we only raise sufficient money for two, we will demand recounts in two states. If we only raise enough money for one, we will demand a recount in one state.

We cannot guarantee a recount will happen in any of these states we are targeting. We can only pledge we will demand recounts in those states.

If we raise more than what's needed, the surplus will also go toward election integrity efforts and to promote voting system reform.

Here are the filing fees and deadlines for each state:

Wisconsin: $1.1 million by Nov 25
Pennsylvania: $0.5 million by Nov 28
Michigan: $0.6 million by Nov 30
Those are filing fees alone. The costs associated with recounts are a function of state law. Attorney's fees are likely to be another $2-3 million, then there are the costs of the statewide recount observers in all three states. The total cost is likely to be $6-7 million.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
casey r lowe
United States
butte
Montana
flag msg tools
mb
Ashgrove wrote:

Taken from Mike Riviero's site

also taken from mike riveros site:

Quote:
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY!

"The reason for the Holocaust hoax is simple. The world had just united against Nazi Germany on the principle that one nation does not have the right to march into another nation and steal it for their own. But the founders of Israel proposed to do just that, march into Palestine and take it for their own. They needed a propaganda device so powerful it would trick the world into allowing Israel to do to Palestine exactly what Nazi Germany had been prevented from doing to France, Poland, etc. And that propaganda remains one of the most fiercely protected secrets of modern times, enforced by laws in many nations.

And that in and of itself betrays the lie, for truth needs no law to support it. Truth is self-evident to all. Truth withstands re-examination. Truth survives questions. Throughout history, from Galileo to Zundel, only lies and liars have resorted to the courts to enforce adherence to dogma." -- Mike Rivero
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is going to be bizarre if true.

No personal opinion at this time.

here's a "fast five facts" on the recount.

http://heavy.com/news/2016/11/wisconsin-recount-filed-result...

Quote:
1. Wisconsin Is Working Against a Very Tight Deadline for Its Recount

2. Wisconsin Last Conducted a Recount in 2011 After Thousands of Votes Were Accidentally Left Out of Returns & State Republicans Are Criticizing the New Effort as ‘Absurd’
Quote:

Exit polls showed Clinton winning Wisconsin, and the discrepancy between the final results and those polls was 4.8%, according to a chart compiled by TDMSResearch.com.*

But note:
Quote:
Exit Polls Don’t Fully Account for Early Voting

3. Wisconsin Will Retabulate & Examine Votes & It’s Unclear Whether All Will Be Counted by Hand

4. A Group of Professors & Lawyers Wants the Integrity of the Election Checked for Possible Hacking

5. Trump’s Campaign Has Mocked the Effort & Hillary Clinton Supports the Recount

* Overview of exit poll vs vote count differences

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grand Admiral Thrawn
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
single sentences wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:

complains about journalism but links to zerohedge which itself links to infowars - lol

Going pretty far down the effing rabbit hole...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aric Ashgrove
United States
Independence
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
@ single sentences: Can you, or anyone on the Left for that matter, refute evidence with further evidence, or must you always resort to the weakest of debate tactics (appeals, hubris, etc)?

There are a few exceptions on BGG that promote and defend the Left very well, but the elementary attempts far from help your cause. I started frequenting RSP in hopes to find high level intellectualism. I find only a trace amount of it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aric Ashgrove
United States
Independence
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
@ maxo-texas: The exit polls they are referring to just HAPPEN to be CNN right? What if they were Fox News exit polls, would that hurt their credibility more or less in your eyes as a Democrat? Can you see why a Republican supporter would view this with rolled eyes as much as you would given the reversal: an opponent of Trump turned advocate recounting due to Fox polls?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
casey r lowe
United States
butte
Montana
flag msg tools
mb
Ashgrove wrote:
@ single sentences: Can you, or anyone on the Left for that matter, refute evidence with further evidence, or must you always resort to the weakest of debate tactics (appeals, hubris, etc)?

There are a few exceptions on BGG that promote and defend the Left very well, but the elementary attempts far from help your cause. I started frequenting RSP in hopes to find high level intellectualism. I find only a trace amount of it.

i do occasionally offer substantive responses but whats the point of arguing with an image macro (created by a holocaust denier no less)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aric Ashgrove
United States
Independence
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
@ single sentences: Directly refute the argument with evidence to the contrary?

(You say holocaust denier, I say holocaust questioner. Stifling free speech, even unpopular or untrue speech, reveals our personal outlook on the dominion of man.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.