Subject: Cliffhanger at a Collapsing Temple rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chillbo Camron

New York
msg tools
designer
publisher
We had a scenario come up last game where the Heroes where in a cliffhanger at a Temple.
The Villain then 'collapsed' the Temple.

1) If the Heroes escape successfully - do they still perform the Cliffhanger next turn? (Of course, there's no Artifact present, now.)

2) What if the Heroes failed to Escape?
I think they get KO'd and the Cliffhanger gets discarded, correct?

I know there have been some debates on this subject throughout the years. Has anyone come to a conclusion on this rule?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Robinson
United States
Neptune City
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Chillbogames wrote:
I know there have been some debates on this subject throughout the years. Has anyone come to a conclusion on this rule?

I came to this conclusion years ago.

1. YES

2. Yes
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chillbo Camron

New York
msg tools
designer
publisher
So in the 1st question - after performing the Cliffhanger next turn - the turn simply ends with no further adventuring (nothing to adventure), no die rolling to Move because you're still stuck at the Cliffhanger - OK sounds like a plan!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Robinson
United States
Neptune City
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sure Indiana Jones felt the same way having to deal with the angry native tribe after running for his life from a collapsing Temple and a rolling boulder only to find out his plane won't start whistle

...just don't get me started on the "Poisoned Food" Card laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mattias Elfström
Sweden
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Check out page 30 of the Complete Rulebook (on the files page). It is based on the official rules, faqs and answers from FFP.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel U. Thibault
Canada
Québec
Québec
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
From said Complete Rules:

CLIFFHANGERS AT A TEMPLE

If a Hero fails a Danger and flips to a Cliffhanger while at a Temple, immediately remove any Danger Markers currently on the Temple and add another Instability Marker directly, rolling for Collapse straight away.

COLLAPSE

When a Temple Collapses, discard any remaining Fortune coins on that Temple, remove the Temple figure from the board and discard the Artifact Adventure Cards. Any Hero in the Space will now have to try and Escape (even if he hasn’t found the Temple or is at a Cliffhanger or a collocated Outpost)!

In the lower right corner of the Temple Artifact card there is an Escape Test. Every Hero in the Space must pass the Escape Test or be KO’d. It is important to note that Heroes (as well as their Team mates) may Exert to add extra Adventure Dice to an Escape Test as detailed in the Skills section of the rules. If a Temple Collapses, the Hero immediately gets any pending Glory for Dangers that were overcome this turn—unless the Collapse is due to going to the Cliffhanger: then the Glory is lost as normal.

Even if the Hero escapes the Collapsing Temple, you will still need to resolve any pending Cliffhanger in your next Adventure Phase. If an Active Villain is at a Temple that Collapses, he takes D6 Hits (Defence applies) and Returns to Base in either the Delayed State or the KO’d State. Inactive Villains are returned to the deck. Acolytes are removed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.