$18.00
GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters: 132.73

7,774 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
49% of Goal | left

Support:

Eric Perry
msg tools
BLUF: What games have great solo player variants even if they are better with multiple people, more specifically ones are that are as good as or even better than games traditionally best played in their solo form.

A little more detail as to what I'm looking for: My first big game I bought for solo play was Mage Knight, so now what to play after? I would love to play some of the big titles that get thrown around a lot, and have noticed many of them have a solo variant, but the community recommends them played with multiple people. So I'm wondering, what games have worth while solo variants even if that's not what people like to play most? It's hard to tell sometimes if a 1-5 player game is rubbish solo or not when the recommendation is for 3 players as best. I have to wonder if in some cases some of these games may even be better solo games than other games that are best played solo simply because their sheer quality is better.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Gazdecki
United States
Lindsey
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would ask this in the 1 Player Guild forums.

They can likely give you tons of games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Feliz Navidad!
United States
Muncy
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bruiser419 wrote:
I would ask this in the 1 Player Guild forums.

They can likely give you tons of games.

Yes! Come join us at the 1 Player guild. We'll be happy to help you spend your money!

However, you can start here: SoloPlay Variants Posted on the Geek to find not usually solo-able games that have some extensive work done to make them solo-able.

The 1 Player Guild also has this list of many, many well regarded games that are solo-able to varying degrees: https://www.boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/Solo_Gaming_Awards#
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Perry
msg tools
I appreciate it, thanks for the leads.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.