Popular Tags: [View All]
Charlie Theel
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
It says you shove in the opposite direction. Do you have to shove them into the space directly behind them or can it be one of the three hexes bordering the back of their hex?

I'm curious if you can shove someone off the bridge in the map with the bridge at the center?

Played my first game today and had a great time. We did get in a situation where the bridge was congested and the conclusion was kind of telegraphed since it's very hard to gain significant ground on the bridge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mini Blackwizard
United States
Cold Cliff Castle
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It must be the 1 hex beyond/behind shovee from the Ram direction, and yes off the bridge into the abyss is instant death unless they can fly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charlie Theel
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent, even better. Thanks Mat!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mini Blackwizard
United States
Cold Cliff Castle
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Charlie I was wrong, it's the one hex only. Was thinking of Ram deflection.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charlie Theel
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
1000scorpions wrote:
Charlie I was wrong, it's the one hex only. Was thinking of Ram deflection.

Ah, no worries. Thanks for clearing it up. That's how we played it and how the wording seems to imply, just wanted to be 100% sure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nathan hayden
United States
Littleton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Charlie, mMat may be speaking of "Deflecting of Ram". There would be a choice of deflecting into side hexes, but with Ramming, the creature/s would be pushed in the exact opposite hexside from where it is being pushed. Below are examples.

Ramming from 3 hexes away, add +3 for each hex entered before ramming. Rammed Creatures are pushed into opposite hexside from Ramming creature/s

If Creature can Fly, they could fly and Ram a Creature off a bridge. In this example Ramming creature adds +1 to strength for each hex entered before Ramming.

If a Bridge has been made, a Ram could happen from bridge, pushing creature off. In example, Ramming creature add +2 to strength for each hex entered before Ramming.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charlie Theel
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh nice. I had not thought about flying and ramming or building a bridge (left out bridge building/paths in my first game). That's actually really awesome. I love this map by the way, the inclusion of the abyss that you can fall into and the choke point is a great idea.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nathan hayden
United States
Littleton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Be careful not to awaken the beings in the Chasm!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charlie Theel
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Lots of flying ramming in our last game. I lost a stack of 5 Gorebortions to a winged creature giving me a shove. Sad times.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.