Subject: Cowboy Lasso Rules Question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rob Chase

Akron
Ohio
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have some questions about the cowboy's lasso.
How lassoing an enemy works is clear, as is how to see if they escape, but it's not clear what happens in between.

I assume that the cowboy who lassoed the enemy still gets to attack normally, but does the lasso use one or more hands? (There's no lasso gear card, so it's not clear whether it uses a "hand" or not.)

Also, when the cowboy has lassoed an enemy, are they (the cowboy) effectively immobilized as well, or can they still move freely? If they can move, are there limits to the movement, and how does it work thematically? (Do they let out more rope or drag the enemy, or maybe they drop the rope and move about. If they've dropped the rope, how does the strength check make sense?)

I hope this question makes sense, I really want to give the Cowboy a shot, but I'm hesitant without getting more clarity on the class's key feature.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Lewis
United States
Tempe
Arizona
flag msg tools
Rob, there is a Lasso Starting Gear card that comes with the Cowboy. If you look at it, it will tell you how many free hands it takes. Personally, I think it should take one more than the card, but that's just me.

In my group, we play it that the Cowboy can move and attack freely, as long as the remain within Range of the enemy Lasso'd. Having done more than my fair share of rope work and rodeo (I grew up on a farm in rural southern Arizona), I can tell you that it's actually harder to stay in one spot than it is to move around when you lasso something that can move.

Of course, we ignore this with Giddy'Up. In that case, the cowboy fig is placed on top of the lassoed model, if it will fit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.