Hide
3 Posts

Evolution: CLIMATE» Forums » Rules

Subject: Nocturnal when watering hole empty rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
J Schueller
msg tools
Requesting a clarification: Nocturnal states: "Before each of your feeding turns, this species may take a free feeding action"

At one point (after a great climate event), we had no food in the watering hole. I assumed this meant non-carnivores could not use nocturnal (since their feeding turn involves taking plants from the watering hole). Others in my group felt food could be taken from the food bank as this was not explicitly forbidden. Thanks for clarifying
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Al Mann
South Korea
Seoul
Seoul Teukbyeol-si
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The others in your group are incorrect, by virtue of the card not explicitly allowing food to be taken from the food bank.

For an herbivore, a feeding turn normally involves taking food from the watering hole, barring a special ability like Insectivore. If there is no food in the watering hole, then you would need a trait card that allows you to dip into the food bank to take advantage of Nocturnal's extra feeding turns.

Nocturnal's main advantage is it helps you eat the existing food in the watering hole (or cliff, if avian) faster, not somehow allow access to other food sources. It will help save you from starvation or force others to starve by letting you eat faster, but it normally does not help you when there's no food available.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Schueller
msg tools
Thanks!
That was my reading as well
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.