Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Stiles
United States
California
flag msg tools
Shaman
mbmbmb
So this cracked listicle;

http://www.cracked.com/blog/5-apps-that-have-rampant-discrim...

I'm not gonna say much about the content, because you won't see any new insights (except for that pablum about FTP games, but I'm used to nobody understanding that). No, what's interesting is the comments;

Many MANY people posted that they thought this was "Racist against white people". Their comments, while internetty for sure usually aren't like this, eg all the "THE REAL VICTIMS ARE STRAIGHT WHITE MALES AND THEY'RE BEING VICTIMIZED BY THIS ARTICLE!".

Feels like more trumpnation coarsening.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Mann
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
windsagio wrote:
So this cracked listicle;

http://www.cracked.com/blog/5-apps-that-have-rampant-discrim...

I'm not gonna say much about the content, because you won't see any new insights (except for that pablum about FTP games, but I'm used to nobody understanding that). No, what's interesting is the comments;

Many MANY people posted that they thought this was "Racist against white people". Their comments, while internetty for sure usually aren't like this, eg all the "THE REAL VICTIMS ARE STRAIGHT WHITE MALES AND THEY'RE BEING VICTIMIZED BY THIS ARTICLE!".

Feels like more trumpnation coarsening.

Just read the article. Wow. Discrimination through AI and mathematics.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stiles
United States
California
flag msg tools
Shaman
mbmbmb
I'm not saying it's points are valid though, just that the extreme tone of the response is iffy :p

To go through the points:

1) Tinder charging older people more: Can't care, more interesting is the extreme slut-shaming of people who *use* tinder

2) Lyft/Uber: I remember seeing multiple stories about this in the past. Seems to be real discrimination, but not exactly newsworthy.

3) AirBNB: Even if it's just the users, they're pretty notorious for this.

4) Whales: Stupid, also they presume that something they don't get must be pathological. Sad sack.

5) SketchFactor: Dumb idea that failed.

first comment:

Quote:
The most racist app I know of is the Cracked app as every article on it attacks white people.

seoond comment is reasonable (about a similar app)

third comment (not counting the double

Quote:
SO in #3 the guy had it listed he didn't want any gays or trannies renting yet this guy not only tried to rent from him he called and outed himself so he could get cancelled?

Seems to be baiting just so you can cry. Wonder how long he had to search for that...

Oh. My. Privileged douchebro.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.