Ogre» Forums » News

Subject: Ogre Veteran level rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
wolf90 (Drew)
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

Phil has adjusted (yet again!) the Ogre Veteran pledge level on our Ogre Miniatures Set 1 Kickstarter. For $150, you will receive:

Two regular sets of Ogre Miniatures Set 1
One reversed color set
One hunter green set
Ogre Sixth Edition
Ogre Reinforcements
The retailer posters
Ogre: Operation 218

Read all about it in Update #14. Things are getting out of control!

D.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Reed
United States
Kyle
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
wolf90 wrote:
Read all about it in Update #14. Things are getting out of control!

Link to make things a little easier to find:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/847271320/ogre-miniatur...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Rose
United States
Linden
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Adding in Operation 218 didn't really mean much to me as I'm not interested in it, but I was happy switching to that level to get the rest. Adding in the extra green set does reinforce my decision.

I just hope SJG doesn't rape us too badly on the shipping for this level.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Saxton
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
After all, gas can is my middle name. Eh, not really.
mbmbmbmbmb
It's not like SJG can control shipping costs, so "rape" isn't quite the right word. I am sure SJG will make every effort to secure the best and least expensive shipping options.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
wolf90 (Drew)
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Exactly.

We have no control over the sky-rocketing costs of shipping. They are regrettably a fact of life in the world today, and a curse that hangs over all Kickstarter projects.

D.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
wolf90 (Drew)
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
FYI . . .

Backers at the Ogre Veteran level may add additional hunter green sets (at $30 each) to their pledge, should they desire to do so. This option will open to the other pledge levels if/when we hit the $75k stretch goal.

D.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Hackard
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mack_me_Bucko wrote:
It's not like SJG can control shipping costs, so "rape" isn't quite the right word.

"Rape" wouldn't be the right word in any case, since it's remarkably offensive in this context. We're charging what we have to charge given what we pay to ship the packages -- or, actually, a bit less than that; we're eating some of the shipping costs, and one of the stretch goals is to knock even more off the shipping.

No one at SJ Games is getting rich off of shipping fees. We don't want to raise shipping prices, but the shipping companies aren't as reticent about it, so we have no real choice. It's an unpleasant and increasingly challenging part of our business.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fraser
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Back in the days when there were less maps we played every map back to back
badge
Ooh a little higher, now a bit to the left, a little more, a little more, just a bit more. Oooh yes, that's the spot!
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it just me or is the "Ogre Veteran" level misnamed?

It includes a copy of Ogre 6th Edition, which no Ogre Veteran (at least as I think of them) would need as they would already have a copy of the Designer's Edition whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
wolf90 (Drew)
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Perhaps, but I know a lot of ODE owners that are looking for a more portable version of the game. Ogre Sixth Edition accomplishes that.

D.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fraser
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Back in the days when there were less maps we played every map back to back
badge
Ooh a little higher, now a bit to the left, a little more, a little more, just a bit more. Oooh yes, that's the spot!
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I am still paying of the debt incurred to get ODE to Australia, I can't afford a more portable one meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.