Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Benjamin Benson
United States
Pleasanton
CA
flag msg tools
mbmb
I don't see in the rules anywhere about adjusting how many stock certificates should be used in a 3 player game v. 4 player v. 5 player.

Is there an adjustment? I feel like there should be. There's 15 stock per company, so, that's 3 per player. Should a 2 player game change the stock amounts to 6 per company, 3 player = 9 per company, and 4 player = 12 per company?

I'm not a game designer so I don't know if that sort of simple math works or not.

Any thought Max?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Michael
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
There is no adjustment in the original rules. As I've heard attributed to Jay Tummelson "It's your game. Play it any way you like".
That being said the value of the stocks are situational and not necessarily related to how many are still left on offer.
Remember that only cash counts towards victory points at the end of the game and stocks are worthless. So any stocks you buy need to give you a return on your investment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Benson
United States
Pleasanton
CA
flag msg tools
mbmb
Max Michael wrote:
There is no adjustment in the original rules. As I've heard attributed to Jay Tummelson "It's your game. Play it any way you like".
That being said the value of the stocks are situational and not necessarily related to how many are still left on offer.
Remember that only cash counts towards victory points at the end of the game and stocks are worthless. So any stocks you buy need to give you a return on your investment.

Thanks for the response.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.