Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had an interesting thing happen in a recent game...

My Mech was undamaged and I needed to take one card of damage from a Minion. I drew a slotted damage card that made my Mech move. It moved me over a Repair Pad via its movement.

This made me wonder whether I could repair the card I was resolving, as it was not yet slotted into my Command Line, but was about to be slotted somewhere after I finished resolving it the first time. I ended up deciding I couldn't repair the damage and slotted it.

The rules don't seem to mention whether you can repair a Slot Damage card before it actually is slotted into your Command Line, so we probably need a dev to answer this conclusively, but what does everyone think?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron S
United States
Ventura
California
flag msg tools
So many people think that being bigger makes you a better person.
badge
I'm (probably) bigger than you, but that doesn't make me any better. It's what's inside that counts.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd be inclined to say that it's valid to repair a non-slotted card, but it's certainly a weird case.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Feet_of_Clay
United Kingdom
flag msg tools

Interestingly this isn't as uncommon as it might be. I've had it come up more than once too.

We took the approach of:

The damage was done to your mech by the minion before you hit the repair pad. The only thing that hasn't happened is the "game admin" of putting it on your command line. The 2 things happen simultaneously when you take damage, in our minds.

Therefore we ruled you must fully execute the damage move, but you may "repair" it and not place it on your command line.

But interesting to see what the official ruling is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas Vanschooren
Belgium
Beringen
Limburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Had this happen aswell. We ruled it couldn't be repaired since we where still in the process of getting that damage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr Gosburo Coffin
Germany
Frankfurt am Main
Germany
flag msg tools
mb
doclj86 wrote:
The damage was done to your mech by the minion before you hit the repair pad. The only thing that hasn't happened is the "game admin" of putting it on your command line. The 2 things happen simultaneously when you take damage, in our minds.

Therefore we ruled you must fully execute the damage move, but you may "repair" it and not place it on your command line.

This was exactly our line of thinking when we encountered the same situation yesterday. We thought it was more thematic that way.

Let's see what the official position is on this one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Tiras
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
This is accurate.

The damage is dealt and executed but the intent is that game admin shouldn't get in the way of logic (to an extent...you have yordles piloting mechs so we're already in our own universe ). If you weren't damaged, you would not have moved over the repair pad, so it's logical that you could repair the damage that moved you over it in the first place, regardless of whether the game admin of applying it to your line has taken place.

Make sense?

Good question!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess I assumed wrong, although I see no issue with allowing it.

I have one follow-up though...

If I drew two damage from Minions, and revealing the first moved me onto a Repair Pad, could I repair the face-down Damage Card I haven't revealed yet?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.