Hide
11 Posts

Kingdom Death: Monster» Forums » General

Subject: 1.5 changes rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
The Awaited King
msg tools
It might be interesting to have a place to talk about changes we already know.

These include:
- new epilogue and new Golden Smoke Knight Boss

- Synchronized Attack FA

- HC Rulebook (nice, but there isn't really much to talk about it)

- Oxidized Lantern Wepons (hoping for a new kit also

I personally find Synchronized Attack very interesting and I hope it's not hard to learn as this would definitely help bringing noob survivors to the battlefield. It would probably make sense to get a chance to give it to two nominated survivors with just one Endevour - makes sense in terms of thematic.

I also like how it makes positioning even more important.

It was also teased by Adam that there will be changes to the higher level showdowns and rewards. Some guy posted this to reddit:

Hope that's true, because the upgraded rewards will make LV2 hunt more desirable. It would also mean that LV3 will need even more resources though
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Roza
Netherlands
flag msg tools
Great idea to compile all changes that we know of, instead of the speculation.
Don't forget the changes he mentioned before the kickstarter started >>
http://www.kingdomdeath.com/wp/1-4-updates/
- Butcher card
- Lantern Hoard upgrade

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
François Mahieu
Belgium
Rhode-Saint-Genèse
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
During our first campaign, we quickly understood fighting Lvl3 creatures was pointless. Instead, we'd rather fight the Lvl1 lion each turn. An easy hunting phase, an easy fight, enough resources (plus bonuses from terrains and criticals) and a safe return.

This needed some changes indeed. Not sure adding 3 resources will be enough though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Awaited King
msg tools
mrroza wrote:
Great idea to compile all changes that we know of, instead of the speculation.
Don't forget the changes he mentioned before the kickstarter started >>
http://www.kingdomdeath.com/wp/1-4-updates/
- Butcher card
- Lantern Hoard upgrade

Oh yeah! Totally forgot that I already play with an upgraded Lantern Hoard and it's super useful! The Butcher Crit seems like a really minor update and I don't really get why would Adam even bother with it.

poifpoif wrote:
During our first campaign, we quickly understood fighting Lvl3 creatures was pointless. Instead, we'd rather fight the Lvl1 lion each turn. An easy hunting phase, an easy fight, enough resources (plus bonuses from terrains and criticals) and a safe return.

This needed some changes indeed. Not sure adding 3 resources will be enough though.

3 resources + vermin resource is not bad. With 2 monster resources from original rewards it's a 6 resources difference between level 2 and level 1. And level 2 monsters are pretty safely doable once you gain Dash and Surge and some decent weapons/armour. I'm very interested in what LV3 is going to bring us

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Martyn
msg tools
mbmbmb
I actually hunt L2s a lot in the late game, especially antelopes, because when you've got good luck bonuses an antelope turns into a resource pinata and the L2 survives longer and thus gives you more bang for you buck.

Styfen wrote:
kurczaczekx wrote:
3 resources + vermin resource is not bad.

Vermin resource deck is mostly trash.

...which is why it's perfect for those rare things that just cost unspecified resources, or when you lose lots of your stored resources.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Awaited King
msg tools
TheEremite wrote:
I actually hunt L2s a lot in the late game, especially antelopes, because when you've got good luck bonuses an antelope turns into a resource pinata and the L2 survives longer and thus gives you more bang for you buck.

Styfen wrote:
kurczaczekx wrote:
3 resources + vermin resource is not bad.

Vermin resource deck is mostly trash.

...which is why it's perfect for those rare things that just cost unspecified resources, or when you lose lots of your stored resources.

It's also good for cooking and with a Satchel (from Flower Knight expansion) in can be very useful!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Awaited King
msg tools
Styfen wrote:

As for cooking, if 1.4 rules clear up exactly how it works, fine, it'll be interesting.

True - clarification is much needed there!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sam newman

doncaster
south yorkshire
msg tools
mbmb
kurczaczekx wrote:
It might be interesting to have a place to talk about changes we already know.

These include:
- new epilogue and new Golden Smoke Knight Boss

- Synchronized Attack FA

- HC Rulebook (nice, but there isn't really much to talk about it)

- Oxidized Lantern Wepons (hoping for a new kit also

I personally find Synchronized Attack very interesting and I hope it's not hard to learn as this would definitely help bringing noob survivors to the battlefield. It would probably make sense to get a chance to give it to two nominated survivors with just one Endevour - makes sense in terms of thematic.

I also like how it makes positioning even more important.

It was also teased by Adam that there will be changes to the higher level showdowns and rewards. Some guy posted this to reddit:

Hope that's true, because the upgraded rewards will make LV2 hunt more desirable. It would also mean that LV3 will need even more resources though

1 of my main issues with KDM is the lack of incentive to hunt lvl 3 monsters. Their rewards simply arent worth the risk.

Im hoping the new 1.5 campaign adds a few lvl 3 hunt encounters to lantern 20+ so that it forces the players to choose a lvl 3 or above creature to hunt, or after the watcher is slain only lvl 3 monsters can be hunted.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Roza
Netherlands
flag msg tools
Techraptor.net found a change to the Screaming Armour set >> https://techraptor.net/content/crowdfunding-spotlight-kingdo...

Makes you wonder what else is hidden in the video and artwork on the kickstarter ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.