5 Posts

Galaxy Defenders» Forums » General

Subject: promo questions (just picked up the game) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Kaylor
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
so i just picked up this game. FLGS was having a black friday weekend sale. got the base game and all the expansions for 40 each.

i'm loving it so far. but my question is this. are Ares planning on releasing the kickstarter exclusive character sheets in a retail pack? i know there are download ones available, but i would legitimately spend money on an alternate agent pack. some other companies have done this (GTG and Sentinels of the multiverse comes to mind, all of the extra characters that they released for free in kickstarter were available for sale later)

also if anyone could point me in the direction of a promo list, so i can start ticking them off in secondary markets if there isn't a retail pack ever planned, that would be great.

thanks in advance, everyone!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vasilis
Greece
Heraklion Crete
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ensign53 wrote:
so i just picked up this game. FLGS was having a black friday weekend sale. got the base game and all the expansions for 40 each.

i'm loving it so far. but my question is this. are Ares planning on releasing the kickstarter exclusive character sheets in a retail pack? i know there are download ones available, but i would legitimately spend money on an alternate agent pack. some other companies have done this (GTG and Sentinels of the multiverse comes to mind, all of the extra characters that they released for free in kickstarter were available for sale later)

also if anyone could point me in the direction of a promo list, so i can start ticking them off in secondary markets if there isn't a retail pack ever planned, that would be great.

thanks in advance, everyone!

The issue was raised during the expansion Kickstarter and after a bit of a discussion the result was that the KS exclusives will remain well... exclusives. So PDFs were provided so you can make your own Agent sheets.

Having said that, unless you are a completist, you won't have a problem if you don't get the promo characters. The game is awesome anyway. meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Crane
United States
WASHOUGAL
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Besides them pissing off their previous supporters I think they might not want to release the promo's for retail for legal reasons.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skaak
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
VaeVictis666 wrote:
Besides them pissing off their previous supporters I think they might not want to release the promo's for retail for legal reasons.

This is the main issue, IMO. They've released some of the generic extra agents from the second Kickstarter, but I highly doubt we'll ever see anything from the first one (and a bunch of the ones from the second Kickstarter are also very close to their source material).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Kaylor
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Dang. Well, thanks anyway everyone! Looks like I'll have to look second hand if I really want to complete it. So far it's amazing though!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.