6,696 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
42.2% of Goal | left

Support:

Jacob Stick
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Apocalypse only wants one thing and that is total domination so that with it, he can breed out the weak and only have the strong survive. He has gained control of the Mind Gem and is using it to control the X-Men and their Students. Only Illyana was able to escape, she has collected for herself a group that would be capable enough to lead a rebellion against Apocalypse, but can they succeed?

1-Player
Expansions you will need to play: Dark City, Secret Wars Vol 1 and 2, Civil War
Scheme: Corrupt the Next Generation of Heroes
Mastermind: Apocalypse
Henchmen: Sentinels
Villain(s): '92 X-Men
Heroes: Magick, Ultimate Spider-Man, Daredevil (Avengers)
Special: Tyrant: Apocalypse has the Mind Gem he has a +3 to his attack value.

2-Players
Expansions you will need to play: Dark City, Secret Wars Vol 1 and 2, Civil War
Scheme: Corrupt the Next Generation of Heroes
Mastermind: Apocalypse
Henchmen: Sentinels
Villain(s): '92 X-Men, Four Horsemen
Heroes: Magick, Ultimate Spider-Man, Daredevil (Avengers), Falcon, Peter Parker
Special: Tyrant: Apocalypse has the Mind Gem he has a +3 to his attack value.

3-Players
Added Villain(s): Brotherhood

4-Players
Added Villain(s): Brotherhood
Added Henchmen: Savage Lands Mutates

5-Players
Added Villain(s): Brotherhood, Marauders
Added Henchmen: Savage Lands Mutates
Added Hero: Soul Sword Colossus
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Stick
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Solo

MuffinB
Game 1: Good Won!
Player 1: 36

2-Players

Usuba
Game 1: Evil Won!
Game 2: Good Won!
Player 1: 52
Player 2: 11
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Mills
United Kingdom
Forest Row
East Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, which Falcon?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Stick
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
usuba wrote:
Sorry, which Falcon?

Regular one. If it was the other one it would have been Captain America (Falcon).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Mills
United Kingdom
Forest Row
East Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok this is the forth attempt to post sorry if they all arrive

Two player final blow

Edit: In all fairness I've deleted this result due to discovering how badly I misplayed it that it could not be concidered valid.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Stick
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Edited Post:

Replaced Winter Soldier with Peter Parker to keep with the theme that I was going for.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Stick
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
usuba wrote:

Two player final blow

P1 30
P2 20

Yeah, I was having trouble getting my stuff to post. Luckily it only ever posted once. Sorry to make a change on you after you played your game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Mills
United Kingdom
Forest Row
East Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No problem, I get to play it again!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Muffin B
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Advanced Solo:
Good Won!
36 points

I wasn't sure which Daredevil it was, but I used the one from the base set (Marvel Knight). Also, during setup I didn't separate the regular Sidekicks from the Special Sidekicks, even though the Scheme might suggest that it's only the regular ones that are added to the Villain Deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Stick
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
First part wrong, but my bad. Second part correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Muffin B
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, no problem. I never played with Daredevil (Avengers) yet, but I did find that Lockjaw (Special Sidekick) had an incredible synergy with Ultimate Spider-Man and Daredevil (MK). With Lockjaw's Phasing ability, you never missed your guess with the Daredevil's cards and would always have a cost 2 cards on top of your deck when playing Spider-Man. It did get a little too easy I would even say...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Mills
United Kingdom
Forest Row
East Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MuffinB wrote:
Ok, no problem. I never played with Daredevil (Avengers) yet, but I did find that Lockjaw (Special Sidekick) had an incredible synergy with Ultimate Spider-Man and Daredevil (MK). With Lockjaw's Phasing ability, you never missed your guess with the Daredevil's cards and would always have a cost 2 cards on top of your deck when playing Spider-Man. It did get a little too easy I would even say...

I played the wrong Daredevil too and had the same experience

Will try again
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Mills
United Kingdom
Forest Row
East Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
usuba wrote:

Two player final blow

P1 30
P2 20

Jacob, I just replayed and discovered I miss-played the first game so badly! So please delete my score as it can't be considered valid at all. I really can't believe I messed up so much. Once you delete my win I will edit my post to note it was wrongly played.

Anyway the second game proved to be a real slog, twice I missed hitting Apocalypse by one attack, soooo disappointing, and those two misses proved fatal.

It came down to the last four and half dozen villains knocking at the city gates. With two twists still to turn it was touch and go, and with the city under pressure, that forth villainous sidekick ready to escape, I had to make a decision, I had enough oomph to hit Apocalypse, what to do ... but what if the next player turned a twist? We'd loose!(oh the madness of it) If only I had x-ray vision I could look at the next card, mmm but I wouldn't do that anyway! So I played it safe, cleared the city and, oh it was a Master strike, damn. You see that would have given a Final Blow, so many would-have-beens wasn'ts and never wases.

Even a draw evaded us, the last card was the eight twist sending the last kick off the side. So rude.

Just to be clear, Evil won!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Mills
United Kingdom
Forest Row
East Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
usuba wrote:
usuba wrote:

Two player final blow

P1 30
P2 20

Jacob, I just replayed and discovered I miss-played the first game so badly! So please delete my score as it can't be considered valid at all. I really can't believe I messed up so much. Once you delete my win I will edit my post to note it was wrongly played.

Anyway the second game proved to be a real slog, twice I missed hitting Apocalypse by one attack, soooo disappointing, and those two misses proved fatal.

It came down to the last four and half dozen villains knocking at the city gates. With two twists still to turn it was touch and go, and with the city under pressure, that forth villainous sidekick ready to escape, I had to make a decision, I had enough oomph to hit Apocalypse, what to do ... but what if the next player turned a twist? We'd loose!(oh the madness of it) If only I had x-ray vision I could look at the next card, mmm but I wouldn't do that anyway! So I played it safe, cleared the city and, oh it was a Master strike, damn. You see that would have given a Final Blow, so many would-have-beens wasn'ts and never wases.

Even a draw evaded us, the last card was the eight twist sending the last kick off the side. So rude.

Just to be clear, Evil won!

okay after my disastrously poor playing in the first game (not giving the Four Horsemen +2 AND not increasing the evil sidekicks attack +1 per twist), then loosing my second game I bring good tidings

Good Wins! Final Blow

P1 52
P2 11

Player 1 went for Spiderman and with all the sidekicks flooding his hand he made 40///, 29///, 41/// in three consecutive hands annihilating Apocolpse and clearing the city every time. Player 2 went for Falcon gaining his rare which proved useless as the HQ was filled with 0+/// heroes forEver.

Really looking forward to playing both sides in Vol 2 Issue #15

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.