Alhambra: Big Box» Forums » General

Subject: Help Keeping the Big Box Organized rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
MICHAEL VILLAREAL
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
Home storage isn't a problem, but every time it travels to another play location, the contents just jumble up. Any solutions?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L H
United States
Lehi
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You could place pieces of felt on top of the game pieces to fill the space between the lid and the pieces.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Bowles
United States
Depauw
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmb
Well, I'm probably a poor one to offer advice as I have problems even storing games at home. To make shelf room I have to store the bic box games vertical on their short side. You can imagine how screwed up things can get.

My copy of Alhambra, is usually a mess. Since it has a lot of cards, and I have to sleeve all my cards. As a result, none of the cards will fit in the spots properly. (Oh how I wish insert designers would plan ahead for sleeves)

One of my other queen games though I have much better luck with, Escape!
Since I don't have any sleeves, and the insert has lots of extra room anyway. The first thing I notice on a lot of the inserts is that they don't sit flush with the top of the box. Like with Alhambra, I tried piling the included cloth bags, instructions and a few printouts from here on top to fill the void between the top of the insert and the top of the lid. Unfortunately, when I turn it on it's side everything slides down and stuff starts falling out of the insert.

What I have found works best is to simply raise the insert. With Escape, I simply piled the empty cardboard runners in the bottom of the box and put the insert back, it was almost perfect. Some, I have to add cut up corrugated cardboard or cut pieces of foam board to lift the insert. The trick is to get the insert right to the top of the box, so that when you put the lid on it holds everything in place. This won't work with every insert, it all depends on how its made, but it is a cheap, fast and easy alternative to custom inserts or building your own foam board ones.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
f h
msg tools
I pulled the insert and bagged everything using these:

Item for Geeklist "Direct links to ArtsCow/CowCow draw-bag designs"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.