5 Posts

Zombies!!!» Forums » General

Subject: Expansions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Neil May
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Just wondering which expansions if any are worth purchasing to add variety to the base game.
I have the third edition if that makes a difference at all?

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Just another Steve.

Allen Park
Michigan
msg tools
Have you joined the 2016 Secret Cthanta yet?
badge
Hey, go vote to choose the Hack the Black contest winners!
mbmbmbmbmb
I like Zombies!!! 3.5: Not Dead Yet which adds a lot of cards to the game and allows you to change the deck around to make the game more or less take-that.

I also like Zombies!!! 6: Six Feet Under which allows players to enter the sewers and subways to get around the map more quickly.

Zombies!!! 5: School's Out Forever is nice for the additions to the map, but i like the addition of the Guts mechanic even more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil May
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Excellent, thanks. That gives me somewhere to start.
How do you integrate the expansions? Do you just shuffle all of the sets together?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Just another Steve.

Allen Park
Michigan
msg tools
Have you joined the 2016 Secret Cthanta yet?
badge
Hey, go vote to choose the Hack the Black contest winners!
mbmbmbmbmb
For the card expansion (3.5) I usually pick some I want to add and then pick some cards I'd rather not have. It kind of depends on what you like and don't like in the game.

For the others, the sewer cards are mixed into the normal deck. For the school, there's an entrance and then the regular and school tiles and decks are kept separate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What he said. Those are probably the easiest ones to mix in without changing too much of the game. We also found that mixing multiple sets of the base game can be fun by making the cities much larger. At the same time you run the risk of multiple dead ends cutting off the map though.

As for the other expansions, adding them to the game usually consists of adding the starting tile to the map pile and then having a separate pile for tiles from that expansion. For example, the one that adds the park (can't remember which one, but it's fun as it adds zombie dogs as well). You would mix the park gates into the main map deck and then once it appears, you would have a choice to draw your tile for the turn from either the normal map tiles or the park map tiles.

there are complete rules and suggestions on how to combine the games available right on the official website from Twilight Games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.