Subject: Kitchen Hand, too powerful? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
CARL SKUTSCH
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
Check out Clockwork Wars. It's a pretty darn good dudes on a hex map Euro'ish steampunk game. Quick and fun.
mbmbmbmbmb
I know, I know, the cards are all balanced. But still, this woman seems pretty darn powerful. Not only do you save $1 every time you use a 6 but you get an EXTRA die for free?!?

So tell me how I'm wrong.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Hendrickson
United States
Seward
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
She is very powerful, especially if played early. But sixes do not necesarily get rolled every round. Also, other players can mitigate her power simply by taking the sixes first. There are ways to even things out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Funk
United States
Springfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DrumPhil wrote:
She is very powerful, especially if played early. But sixes do not necesarily get rolled every round. Also, other players can mitigate her power simply by taking the sixes first. There are ways to even things out.

Exactly. I've had a lot of rounds where there were only 1 or 2 sixes, which since you are getting a free one can be decent, but not game breaking.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CARL SKUTSCH
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
Check out Clockwork Wars. It's a pretty darn good dudes on a hex map Euro'ish steampunk game. Quick and fun.
mbmbmbmbmb
FunkyBlue wrote:
DrumPhil wrote:

Exactly. I've had a lot of rounds where there were only 1 or 2 sixes, which since you are getting a free one can be decent, but not game breaking.

Clearly you're both wrong because my wife had her and beat me and that's just not right. I call foul!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Garratt
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We've had a fair few plays now and this card does feel overpowered. Yes, you might have games where you dont role many 6's, but that can be said for any of the cards that trigger off the dice. Maybe in terms of raw vp value its not overpowered, but the flexibility it gives sure make it feel like amazing value. It feels like it should either A) cost more to play or B) Not have both the benefits (either no cost to take the 6 action or 1 extra 6).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Super Turtle
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Kinverbgc wrote:
We've had a fair few plays now and this card does feel overpowered. Yes, you might have games where you dont role many 6's, but that can be said for any of the cards that trigger off the dice. Maybe in terms of raw vp value its not overpowered, but the flexibility it gives sure make it feel like amazing value. It feels like it should either A) cost more to play or B) Not have both the benefits (either no cost to take the 6 action or 1 extra 6).

If many sixies be rolled, it is very difficult to lose the game.
If moderate sixies be rolled, it is just a very usufull (with 2 sixies you can get 4 dices with just 1 dollar).
If few sixies be rolled, it is a wasted card, like any dice - depented card.
Maybe it is just me, but I am happier if I draw this card, than the others dice depented cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.