Subject: Poots please do some new hunt encounters rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
sam newman

doncaster
south yorkshire
msg tools
mbmb
Im sure most would agree that having a new Hunt table to roll on would be an excellent.

Simply add new Hunt cards With a new symbol on them that refer to the new table. Simply roll the 2 d10 dice as usual but consult a different table when 1 of these cards appears in the hunt track.

100 new hunt events would go a long way to keeping KDM from becoming repetitive. Many of us have played it a lot already.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emmit Svenson
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mb
I've mentioned this elsewhere, but I would love to see the Hunt Phase evolve into a deck game closer to the AI deck of a monster, built with unique contents for each hunt that can be manipulated by survivor skills and equipment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian C
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Both great ideas IMO. In a perfect world I would love to see the second idea implemented, just because I love me some meat on my bone.

Hunt phase is the weakest part of the game atm, really should look into these Poots! (Or maybe he's already on top of this -- wouldn't be surprised to hear about a revamped Hunt Phase as part of the 1.5 update)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charlie Theel
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Agree. I like the hunt phase but it gets repetitive for sure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denmark
Bagsværd
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
+1 Make it happen
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
François Mahieu
Belgium
Rhode-Saint-Genèse
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
emmit svenson wrote:
I've mentioned this elsewhere, but I would love to see the Hunt Phase evolve into a deck game closer to the AI deck of a monster, built with unique contents for each hunt that can be manipulated by survivor skills and equipment.

+6000!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Wirtz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
+1.

Something to liven-up the hunt would certainly be welcome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Andersson
Sweden
BANDHAGEN
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I saw an interview with him on this site and he said that the hunt phase was the weakest part of the game and that it needed improvement.
So hopefully we'll see some updates to the hunt phase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Orion Free
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
"Book of 1000 Hunts"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ArtSchool
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Didn't he mention somewhere that 1.4 (now 1.5) would include a revamp of the hunt events to make them moreo consistent with the flow of the game stories?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Martyn
msg tools
mbmbmb
It seems fairly clear to me Poots has read the forums. He clearly knows the main complaints/suggestions and we're already seeing ample evidence that he's listened to them - the new final boss, the male pinups, the mention of tweaks to higher level hunts... All fixes to common gripes.
Even the philosophies of death seem similar to common houserule suggestions - adding a 'class' mechanic. I'll be quite surprised if the hunt events aren't altered as part of 1.5 or, more likely, given an 'alternative' in the Gambler's Box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Howe
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheEremite wrote:
I seems fairly clear to me Poots has read the forums. He clearly knows the main complaints/suggestions and we're already seeing ample evidence that he's listened to them - the new final boss, the male pinups, the mention of tweaks to higher level hunts... All fixes to common gripes.
Even the philosophies of death seem similar to common houserule suggestions - adding a 'class' mechanic. I'll be quite surprised if the hunt events aren't altered as part of 1.5 or, more likely, given an 'alternative' in the Gambler's Box.

I bet that would heavily increase sales of the box. For those that weren't willing to plunge head first from day one anyhow...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nan Lin
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
Exo Desta wrote:
Or maybe he's already on top of this -- wouldn't be surprised to hear about a revamped Hunt Phase as part of the 1.5 update)

Is there any indication from the card lists that the Hunt Phase may be different? White lion with 8 hunt events, screaming antelope with 9, others with none (?), then the 12 basic hunt event cards. Do these numbers differ from the 1.0 card set?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sam newman

doncaster
south yorkshire
msg tools
mbmb
memetichazard wrote:
Exo Desta wrote:
Or maybe he's already on top of this -- wouldn't be surprised to hear about a revamped Hunt Phase as part of the 1.5 update)

Is there any indication from the card lists that the Hunt Phase may be different? White lion with 8 hunt events, screaming antelope with 9, others with none (?), then the 12 basic hunt event cards. Do these numbers differ from the 1.0 card set?

i dont think so, but then he might be keeping it a secret for the 1.5 update reveal. Simply having nmore random hunt events would only take say 3 new cards and 4 pages of 100 new hunt events.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Death Jester
msg tools
mb
Our group has an additional 100 very lore friendly hunt events we use by rolling a d10. Evens for original hunt events and odds for the new ones.

I can post it up or pm if anyone is interested.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Malley
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DeathJester23 wrote:
Our group has an additional 100 very lore friendly hunt events we use by rolling a d10. Evens for original hunt events and odds for the new ones.

I can post it up or pm if anyone is interested.

Please and thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ArtSchool
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Today I asked him about which changes would be made to 1.3 (apart from the known 1.4 cards and the new survival of the fittest card) and this is what he answered:

"@ArtSchool, well I've already said on camera that we are nerving Saviors and that the hunt table had a huge internal pass. So, no point in denying that or referring you to the bush i like to beat around."

- So at least they are doing a huge review of the hunt events table, whatever that means.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Awaited King
msg tools
Post please!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian C
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Latest update briefly touches on the fact that the hunt table was reworked.

From the update:

"We've gone ahead and completely upgraded the Hunt Table! You'll notice greater attention to the world and narrative aspects as well as some adjustment to language to make things clearer and better fit the Kingdom Death spirit!

"Taking a Whip out on a hunt is now extremely useful and can save you and your group from peril. Cancer Pidgeons No Problem!!"

Not quite as crunchy maybe as some of us were hoping, but it sounds a lot crunchier than before.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Botts
msg tools
Ok, now THIS has me genuinely excited for the new rules and such. The stuff about the Hunt Table (as well as the fact that the philosophy system seems to be adding conditional upsides to things like Murder) is hopefully a huge step in the right direction for the game.

The first few times I got completely screwed by a random event it was kinda fun, but the more I play the game the more I want the Settlement and Hunt phases to be like the Showdown phase, where proper planning and strategy can actually help you. If that's the way these updates are headed, I'm extremely optimistic for this game in general. It's already my favorite game, but, hey, even more favorite-er sounds great!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Martyn
msg tools
mbmbmb
I'd still wager a small expansion that the Gambler's Box might contain a more in depth or alternative hunt system

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.