Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Resner
United States
austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd like to hear or a see referenceable quote from the project creators what the fulfillment plan is for a game this ambitious.

Very, very few KS board game projects with this much content/miniatures is fulfilled in one swoop. It's usually "waves" that drag out over the course of a year+.

If they have an actual plan to do this project differently, the KS skeptics out there that have been burned WAY too many times would love to hear the better mousetrap concept...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver
United States
Pompano Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've asked a few times and while I don't have screencaps or links, Ive always been told they intend to ship all at once.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Resner
United States
austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OliverOil wrote:
I've asked a few times and while I don't have screencaps or links, Ive always been told they intend to ship all at once.

In the KS backer comments?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Saricov
Israel
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Rochambeaux wrote:
I'd like to hear or a see referenceable quote from the project creators what the fulfillment plan is for a game this ambitious.

Very, very few KS board game projects with this much content/miniatures is fulfilled in one swoop. It's usually "waves" that drag out over the course of a year+.

If they have an actual plan to do this project differently, the KS skeptics out there that have been burned WAY too many times would love to hear the better mousetrap concept...

Seeing the state of the minis production, i'd say they have a reasonable chance to succeed with this, most of the minis are post tooling, and final plastics are shown on the most of the models. The rest is just boxes, cardboard, cards (which may only need to go to print) and collating.

All in all, a very tight and professional campaign, I think they will deliver on their promise.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Haynes
United States
Holliston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This has come up quite often in the Live segments with Leonidas, one of the project creators. They have mentioned several times that they intend to ship everything in one wave, and are adamant that they'll do it on time (they seem to be trying to avoid repeating Conan's fulfillment problems).

I know, it seems awfully ambitious, though they have said that they're ahead of the game in terms of production this time. It seems that they already had a lot of the plastic production models available at the time the kickstarter went live, and the scenarios and expansions have been written and playtested for months already. They seem a bit more prepared this time when compared to Conan, which had unwritten expansions, scenarios, and a lot of stretch goals that didn't even have 3D renders at the time of funding.

If I had to guess, I'd say it might get delayed for a couple months past their 1-year estimate, but nowhere near the delay that Conan suffered.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver
United States
Pompano Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rochambeaux wrote:
OliverOil wrote:

In the KS backer comments?

yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.