Hide
5 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: Any of these games a good fit for us? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Seema Khan
msg tools
I'm looking at these 3 particularly cause they are at a good price on Amazon and we aren't getting them for Christmas. We are visiting my parents for the next month and there isn't much for the kids to do here. They are 5, 10 and 13 year old boys. It would be me playing with them. We want fairly simple games, easy to learn, plays in about 1/2 an hour or less, not too much to do per turn. We have a lot of the popular games. I would love suggestions as long as I don't have the game already. Please search my collection before suggesting a game to us. :-) For Christmas, they are getting: 7 Wonders Duel, Mysterium, Ticket to Ride First Journey, Enchanted Tower, Outfoxed, Cockroach Poker.

Tokaido

Bang

Niya

My biggest consideration in buying a game today is price! I can't use the Barnes and Noble coupon either cause I used it already.

Thanks! I hope someone is able to help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Form
United States
Somerville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
I suggest Forbidden Island, a fairly simple co-op, or Forbidden Desert for a step up in complexity, but a superior game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Eldard
United States
Burke
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Consider Between Two Cities. It's easy to learn; intuitive; and can be played by as many as 7 players. Almost no downtime regardless the number of players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For games 30-45 minutes, I would suggest:
Alhambra 2-6 players
The Boss 2-4 players
TransAmerica 3-6 players
Machi Koro 2-4 players
Archaeology: The New Expedition 2-4 players
FUSE 2-5 players

edit - I did a doublecheck of your collection, and you don't have any of these.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seema Khan
msg tools
Thank you!

We've played Alhambra and Machi Koro and the kids were just meh over them!

I'll definitely try the other suggestions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.