30.7% of Goal | 28 Days Left

Support:

Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
How many 'liberals' have come out in favour of this BS?

Did I miss a memo?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stiles
United States
California
flag msg tools
Shaman
mbmbmb
As is my way now with these sources, I checked the 'silenceisconsent' frontpage.

They're not as bad as some (no explicit racism for instance), but yowza
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I entered the post fully prepared to agree.

If she intended to mock Trump autistic son, then sure- I agree with you. it's a terrible thing.

But she's not making fun of him. It's not even close.

She's saying if the young trump is autistic, it's an amazing opportunity to bring focus on to autism. The words can't be more clear.

But it's not as clear cut as

http://www.snopes.com/2016/07/28/donald-trump-criticized-for...

It's the latest pivot attempt by trump supporters. And it's not an effective or honest one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Bartosh

Sunnyvale
California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake
United States
Bellingham
Washington
flag msg tools
maxo-texas wrote:

You're completely clueless if you still believe this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I see you...
United States
Avon
Ohio
flag msg tools
"I made a promise on the grave of my parents...
badge
...that I would rid this city of the evil that took their lives. "
mbmbmbmbmb
There is absolutely no reason for Rosie (or anyone else) to even discuss Barron. He's 10 years old. he didn't ask for his father to run or win the presidency. He's not holding public office.

This is the worst type of scummy behavior that should be vilified. Anyone who is trying to defend Rosie is as big a scumbag as she is for doing this.

I don't care what Donald did. It does not, in any way, shape or form justify attacking a 10 year old.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
mbmbmbmbmb
Captain Coconut wrote:
maxo-texas wrote:

You're completely clueless if you still believe this.

Why shouldn't we? Because people said so? Did he have a habit of using this shtick about people without a disability? Is there a history of insults? Why should we assume this was benign? Was he making fun of his disability? Do we have any evidence to the contrary? All we have is that he says it wasn't. Does he have a history of saying incorrect things then trying to avoid them or pretend they didn't happen?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
mbmbmbmbmb
Dispaminite wrote:
There is absolutely no reason for Rosie (or anyone else) to even discuss Barron. He's 10 years old. he didn't ask for his father to run or win the presidency. He's not holding public office.

This is the worst type of scummy behavior that should be vilified. Anyone who is trying to defend Rosie is as big a scumbag as she is for doing this.

I don't care what Donald did. It does not, in any way, shape or form justify attacking a 10 year old.

As a liberal who has an autistic son there isn't a barbed wire wrapped bat large enough that they shouldn't cram up their own asses. Assholes are just assholes. Whether they'r celebrities or POTUS

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I see you...
United States
Avon
Ohio
flag msg tools
"I made a promise on the grave of my parents...
badge
...that I would rid this city of the evil that took their lives. "
mbmbmbmbmb
rcbevco wrote:
Dispaminite wrote:

As a liberal who has an autistic son there isn't a barbed wire wrapped bat large enough that they shouldn't cram up their own asses. Assholes are just assholes. Whether they'r celebrities or POTUS

I completely agree.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake
United States
Bellingham
Washington
flag msg tools
rcbevco wrote:
Why shouldn't we? Because people said so? Did he have a habit of using this shtick about people without a disability? Is there a history of insults? Why should we assume this was benign? Was he making fun of his disability? Do we have any evidence to the contrary? All we have is that he says it wasn't. Does he have a history of saying incorrect things then trying to avoid them or pretend they didn't happen?

This is what I'm talking about. You're clueless if you haven't seen all the evidence against this and think it's just people taking him at his word.

The only "evidence" that he was mocking anyone was this small clip taken out of context. He didn't know the guy was disabled or what he looked like, the guy isn't spastic at all (this wasn't even close to mocking the disability this reporter has), and yes, he did use this "shtick" about other people without a disability, namely Ted Cruz and an Army general when they were flustered when put in a tight spot like this reporter was, both of which happened before the reporter incident.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Bird
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Captain Coconut wrote:
The only "evidence" that he was mocking anyone was this small clip taken out of context. He didn't know the guy was disabled or what he looked like

Except that only Trump says that. Kovaleski says

Quote:
“Donald and I were on a first-name basis for years,” Kovaleski told the Times in November. “I’ve interviewed him in his office,” he added. “I’ve talked to him at press conferences. All in all, I would say around a dozen times, I’ve interacted with him as a reporter while I was at The Daily News.” In particular, Kovaleski covered the launch of the Trump Shuttle, spending the day with Trump in 1989 when the airline launched with typical Trump brashness.

So you've got a reporter on one hand with no real reason to lie about this, and on the other hand a guy who lies all the time. WHO SHALL WE BELIEVE

Quote:
the guy isn't spastic at all (this wasn't even close to mocking the disability this reporter has)

Trump clearly drops his hand awkwardly to mimic Kovaleski's arthrogryposis.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
mbmbmbmbmb
Captain Coconut wrote:
rcbevco wrote:

This is what I'm talking about. You're clueless if you haven't seen all the evidence against this.

The only "evidence" that he was mocking anyone was this small clip taken out of context. He didn't know the guy was disabled or what he looked like, the guy isn't spastic at all (this wasn't even close to mocking the disability this reporter has), and yes, he did use this "shtick" about other people without a disability, namely Ted Cruz and an Army general when they were flustered when put in a tight spot like this reporter was, both of which happened before the reporter incident.

Thank you for answering my questions. I spent very little time paying attention to anything Trump related over the last year and a half. I thought he was a narcissistic asshole before I even new he was running. There was virtually nothing he could have done to get mt vote once he put out his SCOTUS list. As I've stated before, I voted SCOTUS not POTUS this election and I own it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake
United States
Bellingham
Washington
flag msg tools
mightygodking wrote:
Captain Coconut wrote:
The only "evidence" that he was mocking anyone was this small clip taken out of context. He didn't know the guy was disabled or what he looked like

Except that only Trump says that. Kovaleski says

Quote:
“Donald and I were on a first-name basis for years,” Kovaleski told the Times in November. “I’ve interviewed him in his office,” he added. “I’ve talked to him at press conferences. All in all, I would say around a dozen times, I’ve interacted with him as a reporter while I was at The Daily News.” In particular, Kovaleski covered the launch of the Trump Shuttle, spending the day with Trump in 1989 when the airline launched with typical Trump brashness.

So you've got a reporter on one hand with no real reason to lie about this, and on the other hand a guy who lies all the time. WHO SHALL WE BELIEVE

Quote:
the guy isn't spastic at all (this wasn't even close to mocking the disability this reporter has)

Trump clearly drops his hand awkwardly to mimic Kovaleski's arthrogryposis.

How many thousands of people has Trump "spent the day with"? This was 1989? Sorry, that just doesn't mean anything.

He didn't "drop his hand awkwardly," he waved his hands limp-wristedly, just like with Cruz and the Army general.

There are plenty of things to criticize Trump about, but this is not one of them. Hanging on to this one pretty much wrecks your credibility as an objective party to the conversation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.